- Maithili and Nepali Wikipedia
- Event Manager
Please tell us what you've learned, and how you are going to use these skills in future. The journey of Wikipedia in Nepal started in 2002, when Nepali Wikipedia was added to the Wiki family. We planned for WikiConference Nepal and Wikicamp like events in past to share our knowledge and experience to our community Wikipedians, but somehow we missed to execute the plans in reality.
Finally we made a benchmark for our Wikipedia community in 2018 by organizing Wikicamp Nepal in Nepal.
- I have learned a lot from this event. Every session of the event was quite interesting, the pannel discussion and followup group activity was also good.
- As an Event Manager, I have gained experience to organize a conference in detail.
- What worked well?
- Team work and event management.
- Volunteers support.
- Help from experienced Wikipedians.
- What didn't work well?
- Wifi could have been better as expected.
- What do you think could have been done better?
- Session presentation- Approved session proposal should be submitted on wiki or session documents via email to the organizer before the event.
Photos that you put on Commons are also appreciated! (Images related to the event)
Also do if mention if you're interested to organise a local training event or workshop for your home communities in the near future.
Please also feel free to share any other feedback, information, or thoughts with us in this optional section. Thanks for participating!
- We have to organize such events annually or in 2 years to boost the energy of Wikipedians.