Here you can find a list of articles that report on the loss of languages, about language shift, the decreasing language diversity or engagements in terms of documentation of revitalisation. It shall document that it is a severe topic that is broadly identified as such by the media. We ask you to add articles if you stumble upon them that would fit to this topic. Thank you.
- About the Ket language, Languages in Siberia and language loss in general, Silent Extinction: Language Loss Reaches Crisis Levels
- The Livonian languages dies as Grizelda Kristina did so, too, in the age of 103, Death of a language: last ever speaker of Livonian passes away aged 103, Obituary: Last Speaker of Livonian Language Died Age 103
- Revitalisation of Yurok which once only had 6 speakers, Revival of nearly extinct Yurok language is a success story
- A Scots dialect dies out, Last native speaker of Scots dialect dies
- The Bo language, some of the oldest language assumed to be 65.000 years of age, died together with Boa Sr, Last member of 65,000-year-old tribe dies, taking one of world's earliest languages to the grave
- Last speaker of 'Kiksht' died at the age of 97, Last Fluent Speaker Of Oregon Tribal Language 'Kiksht' Dies