WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Why do I still volunteer for Wikimedia projects
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 062
- Title of the submission
- Why do I still volunteer for Wikimedia projects
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- lightning talk
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- As one can see, most of Wikipedia contributors feel tired after around one year of active contribution to the projects. I even know friends of mime and some elders who has stopped volunteering for Wikipedia projects. Although some of contributors leave the movement, I still give my time to take care of the encyclopedia. In this presentation you are going to discover things that still give me the energy to contribute to projects
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- This presentation will really help on raising awarness
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 5 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Draft
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
Reason: The outcome is well known by the audience of the conference.