WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Social media skills for project promotion
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 023
- Title of the submission
- Social Media skills for project promotion
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
Zachary McCune - Global Audiences Manager, Communications
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Wikimedia Foundation, Communications team
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
How can you use Social Media tools like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and Instagram to promote community projects? In this workshop, we'll review best practices for making social media posts and optimizing them to reach your desired audiences. We'll review creative approaches to writing posts, sharing photos, and making videos. And we'll look at ad buying on Facebook and Twitter, where small tactical spends can help you get your post in front of people interested in your topics.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- How to use social media to promote contests, events, and conferences
- Best approaches to writing social media posts, and choosing photos/videos to attract attention
- Where "ad spends" (small paid promotion) can help increase the reach of your social media posts
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Beginner - Intermediate
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
Projector so I can show social media posts and tools
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).