WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Overview of my work as Wikimedian in Residence at UNESCO
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 063
- Title of the submission
- Overview of my work as Wikimedian in Residence at UNESCO
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Lightning talk
- Author of the submission
- John Cummings
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- John Cummings
- Country of origin
- United Kingdom
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
A brief overview of the projects I have been doing the past two years in my role as Wikimedian in Residence at UNESCO including:
- Using UNESCO publication text in Wikipedia
- Promoting the Wiki Loves competitions through UNESCO social media
- Sharing UNESCO images on Wikipedia
- Sharing UNESCO data on Wikidata
- Working with other UN agencies on open licensing
Much of the work I have done is based at Wikiproject United Nations
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Ideas for projects
- An understanding the requirements of working with UN agencies
- Awareness of new tools and documentation created as part of the project
- Potential opportunities for collaboration
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
All welcome, the talk is intended to provide a broad overview and will not be technical (although I'm happy to talk about this with people)
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 5 minutes (lightning talk)
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- If my workshop submission is accepted I would like to present this first.
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Final
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).