WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Increasing female content on Wikimedia projects
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 059
- Title of the submission
- Increasing female content on Wikimedia projects
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- lightning talk
- Author of the submission
- Walaa Abdel Manaem
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Egyptian Wikimedians User Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Usually in our Egyptian Community we interest about female content & participation in Wikimedia projects like Wikipedia & Commons. So, We aim to launch Wikiwomen project for Arabic and African Communities & to activate Wikipedia Education Program (WEP) in more countries of Africa. 8 of March is the International Women's Day (IWD), so, we have to celebrate launching a female project and cooperating between all affiliates in Africa to increase the awareness of female participation in Wikimedia projects.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community & Education
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 15 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Draft
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).