WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/How to engage volunteers to different Wikimedia Projects
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 053
- Title of the submission
- How to engage volunteers to different Wikimedia Projects
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Kamal Osama Galal Elgazzar
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Kamal Osama
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Egypt User Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Since the beginning of Wikipedia, The Wikipedian community has faced many challenges to create new materials, engaging new editors, reaching professionals from different countries and collaborating with different people to build a free knowledge that roughly serves everyone on the planet. Here, I am focusing on how to engage new editors, learn them and make them more professional on different wiki projects. My proposal is on building a new model for networking and learning wiki skills trough the professionals and making the new editors more clever with techniques that create new materials on different wiki-projects.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will learn about a model for engaging new editors to wiki projects, will get a full description of Wiki-schools and clubs for learning editors and will have an overview about useful tools and techniques for uploading and creating massive data on wiki projects.
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).