WikiIndaba Conference 2018/Erina Mukuta/Report
This was the first WikiIndaba conference i have attended. The program was quite engaging and hands on. Through the group interactions, it was made clear that most communities in Africa face similar challenges. My main goal in attending WikiIndaba was to strengthen the Ugandan community with renewed knowledge and skills. Through the different activities attended and individual interactions I had, the conference turned out to be quite successful on an individual level and continental as well.
This being my first conference, everyone who attended turned out to be a new connection with exception of Isla and Felix Nartey. I had previously interacted online with Florence Devouard, and I put a face to over online interactions. My interaction with Dumisani Ndubane and Olaniyan Olushola help me kick start the process of Ugandan users becoming an official user group.
- We shot WikiFundi first steps video in English with Florence Devouard and Zac for WikiFundi
- I kickstarted the process of creating Wikimedia community usergroup Uganda, which is now fully recognized.
- I got an appreciation of how to harness social media
- Increased partnerships with wikimedia community usergroup Uganda.
- Formed Wikimedia Community Uganda User group