WikiAfrica Education/Afrocuration Event 1
On the 1st and 2nd September 2021, the AfroCuration event in Mozambique, in partnership with Ethale Publishing and Wikisul User Group will bring together young Macua participants from universities in Mozambique to train them on how to tell their stories through. Wikipedia.
This will be a virtual event and will also have some activists and figures from Mozambique to interact and stir up the enthusiasm of the young Macua participants to tell their stories.
- Date: Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd, September, 2021
- Venue: Virtual
- Time: To be communicated
Under the theme “Who we are”, the learners will be adding contents through translations, creating and improving new articles on Macua culture, biographies, history, geography in [pt.wikipedia.org|Portuguese Wikipedia]
Dear Wikimedian, do you speak Portuguese? We need your help to make it happen! Volunteering at AfroCuration event in Mozambique as Translator is a great opportunity to use your skills to:
- give something back to Wikipedia.
- help improve the critical thinking and writing skills of Macua students and internally displaced persons.
- recruit more Portuguese speaking editors from Africa.
- train new African editors.
- help Africa tell it's story.
Where do I sign up?
To volunteer as a trainer to train new editors or as a Portuguese translator, kindly sign up by adding your name and User name here.