Volunteer Response Team/Volunteering
- How do I volunteer?
- Willing to work on difficult, sensitive, and at times hostile messages
- Courteous, skilled at resolving disputes, friendly – even in the face of hostility – sensitive to the needs of outsiders, and have exemplary discretion
- Willing to sign the VRTS users confidentiality agreement, considering the access to nonpublic personal data policy
- 16 years of age or older
- The VRT is especially interested in users who are entrusted with any special tools on local projects (sysop, bureaucrat, checkuser, etc.), though this is not an absolute requirement.
- Please also add links to help desk posts, talk pages, or other discussions you think are relevant.
- Language skills — other than English — are also highly appreciated. Additional help in language queues is greatly needed and we'd like to know if you are able to help in any other language.
- If you already have access to VRTS, and you'd like to get access to additional queues, you typically don't need to apply here. Ask on Administrator requests on vrt-wiki instead.
- Permissions queues: users that already have strong knowledge of and experience with copyright issues, like administrators or license reviewers on Wikimedia Commons, are highly appreciated and invited to volunteer. Users without such skills should apply for info queues instead.
|Please and also send an e-mail to volunteers-vrtwikimediaorg linking to your application on this page and giving your age. Please do so each time you apply.|
- User links:
- Babel/Languages you can reply in: en, mr, hi
- Your most active user talk page(s): enwiki
- Queues you would like access to: info-en, info
- Email sent?: Yes
I am fairly well-versed with Wikipedia policies and guidelines, and have consistently edited for two years now. I'd like to volunteer at VRT to help with answering tickets, especially in Hindi and Marathi. I had applied for access last year (diff), but my application had been declined. Since then, I have been active at the account creation interface for enwiki. Additionally, I have been regularly helping out helpees in enwiki's IRC help (#wikipedia-en-help). This has helped me improve my knowledge of policies and also better prepared me to help out at VRT. I have signed the VRT confidentiality agreement. JavaHurricane 09:41, 21 October 2021 (UTC)