User talk:Varnent/Archive 18
- 1 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 2 Wikidata weekly summary #201
- 3 Tech News: 2016-12
- 4 Wikidata weekly summary #202
- 5 Tech News: 2016-13
- 6 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 7 Tech News: 2016-14
- 8 Wikidata weekly summary #203
- 9 Tech News: 2016-15
- 10 Wikidata weekly summary #204
- 11 This Month in GLAM: March 2016
- 12 Wikimedia Highlights from March 2016
- 13 Wikidata weekly summary #205
- 14 Tech News: 2016-16
- 15 Wikidata weekly summary #206
- 16 Tech News: 2016-17
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 20:30, 17 March 2016 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #201
16:04, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #202
19:43, 28 March 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
22:13, 4 April 2016 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #203
20:44, 11 April 2016 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #204
This Month in GLAM: March 2016
Wikimedia Highlights from March 2016
Wikidata weekly summary #205
20:40, 18 April 2016 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #206
21:02, 25 April 2016 (UTC)