Question about Wikimedia user group name in Urdu
I am a part of the Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong. Hong Kong has an Urdu-speaking population and therefore I would be interested in knowing what the UG name would be in Urdu. May I add such a name to the Commons page?
- @WhisperToMe: Share some more details especially usergroup name i.e. JogiAsad (talk) 15:20, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
- Ok! The community represents Wikimedians who live in Hong Kong. In Chinese the UG name is 香港維基社群用戶組 which means Hong Kong Wiki, Community/Social Grouping, User, Group. In some languages the translator found having both "Community" and "User Group" in the same name to be redundant, so you can make the Urdu name mean "Wikimedia Hong Kong User Group" if you like. WhisperToMe (talk) 15:25, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
- Hi @WhisperToMe: Right now Urdu user group does not exist but this link may help you. thanks for your Urdu interesting -J. Ansari Talk 17:47, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
Translation notification: Tech/Server switch 2020
You are receiving this notification because you signed up as a translator to سنڌي ۽ اردو on Meta. The page Tech/Server switch 2020 is available for translation. You can translate it here:
The priority of this page is medium.
Your help is greatly appreciated. Translators like you help Meta to function as a truly multilingual community.
You can change your notification preferences.
Meta translation coordinators, 13:02, 15 August 2020 (UTC)
Wikisource Pagelist Widget - First Iteration Feedback
I am pleased to announce that Wikisource Pagelist Widget is now available on Beta Wikisource. We need your help in testing the widget and providing feedback.
You can test the widget by editing the following Index page on Beta Wikisource:
There is a new ‘Preview pagelist’ button under the pagelist field. Click it to get a preview, and then click on any page number in the preview to open the widget.
You can also create a fresh Index Page for any other PDF or DjVu from Wikimedia Commons and test it.
We need your feedback on the following questions:
- What is your general opinion about the Pagelist Widget?
- Is it obvious how to use the widget? If not, what is difficult to understand?
- What other changes would you like to suggest in order to improve the widget further?
Please provide your feedback on the Project Talk Page on Meta-Wiki.
P.S. - The widget doesn’t work on Local Uploads in Beta Wikisource as of now (due to phab:T257807).