User talk:Hindustanilanguage/Archive 3
Monuments of Spain ChallengeEdit
Hi, Syed Muzammiluddin. You finished in 3rd place and have won a prize in Monuments of Spain Challenge. Now we need to know your name, full adress, t-shirt size and gender to send you your gift. Please, send the previous information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, Laura Fiorucci (talk) 01:18, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
About the Monuments of Spain challengeEdit
Hello. I'm very sorry, the only guilty is me. B25es and Laura Fiorucci collected data from challenge winners and me from WLM winners. But till not having all of them I didn't want to send the information to WMF. Wikimedia Foundation has to send the prizes of the challenge and some gifts for WLM. At the end I had to send the information without the information about two winners. However, we collected data for more than 30 people. The challenge was cellebrated in October, so the winners were announced by the end of November. Now, we are at the begining of March, so this is Decembe, January and February, so three months. I'm very sorry for the long delay, but WMF has the information and the prizes will arrive. Please, be patience. I've always thought that we are working on Wikipedia as volunteers because we think in it, so, some weeks to receive the prizes could be forgiven. I know that you can be irritated, I know that I did some mistakes, but we did this challenge with hope and looking for fun for everybody. We've learned from this and we'll try not to do the same mistakes. Thank you. --Millars (talk) 23:51, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi Millars. As per the declared results I am third. The person whom I am quoting does not want be disclosed but logically he/she is first or second - so think about that. Btw results disclosed on 16th of November.
I agree I am a volunteer and I am not aiming for transformation from rags to riches. For, I want to know what is the material benefit I attained thru:
- Bringing Maithili Wikipedia out of Incubator.
- Writing for WMF Blogs showcasing different communities
- Writing for WMF Projects elsewhere
- Providing advice to admins of Wiki Projects
- Carrying out various editathons
- Using social media for WMF projects
- Edits, Image uploads and many more efforts.
I suggest you make a simple statement about issuing a certificate or handwritten letters of appreciation to the participants instead of any items of merchandise. I hope expecting this is also not too much for volunteers.--Muzammil (talk) 18:34, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
P.S. The person I quoted was User:Alphama - I am disclosing this after looking at the exchange of communication between him and you at the discussion tab of the project page. --Muzammil (talk) 18:38, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hello again. Maybe my previous message could be misunderstood. I understand that you are right and also you have the right to be annoyed, and it's my mistake. Also three month would be too much, so it's not an excuse. We said that you will have this items and you must have them. In addition, a letter could be a good option. --Millars (talk) 12:17, 12 March 2015 (UTC)