Open main menu

User talk:-revi/Archives/2018

Warning! Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created on 01 January 2018, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.

Contents

ArchiveBot

Hello! Is it possible to install this bot on our project nl.wikinews? I saw on Toollabs you are a maintainer of the bot, am I right? :) Livenws (talk) 13:06, 9 December 2017 (UTC)

Technically yes, but I will need some time to get it working. And you'll need community approval to get the botflag. Thanks! And I think you mean "ArchiverBot", right? :D — regards, Revi 13:40, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
@LIVE NIEUWS: Our co-maintainer just updated the bot's userpage, and now we have 'what you need to do to make the bot working', here. — regards, Revi 14:41, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
I think I'm almost ready. Step 2, the documentation page, can I use the same as translated on MediaWiki (see: n:nl:Sjabloon:Archiveren)? Livenws (talk) 20:51, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
Livenws: I made a minor but important fix to the template. Can you link me the Request for Bot flag page? I will get the bot working (so it can be tested) today or tomorrow, as soon as my time allows. — regards, Revi 11:53, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
Thanks again for your time and help! Request page on nl.wikinews: here, Consensus was reached a couple of months ago: see here (Dutch language). I have already requested a blog flag on Meta; Steward requests/Bot status#ArchiverBot@nlwikinews. We do not yet have bureaucrats on nl.wikinews :(, because the project is relatively new. Botflag must be given on 20 December. Livenws (talk) 19:33, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
Acknowledged. Waiting for code to be deployed on the server so it will run. — regards, Revi 12:11, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
Livenws, the bot has bot flag now and it's scheduled to run daily, at 8:10 UTC. If you want to change the frequency. Let me know. — regards, Revi 08:05, 22 December 2017 (UTC)
Thank you! I will test it soon, 8:10 is perfect. Livenws (talk) 13:55, 26 December 2017 (UTC)
I noticed that it doesn't work at the moment, i tried it on our discussion room. I use the template underneath. Is it because the template page : n:nl:Sjabloon:Archiveren is only a documentation page now, is there wikicode needed somewhere else? Or am I using 'archiveren' in a wrong way?
{{Archiveren
|archive             = Wikinieuws:Redactieruimte/Archief/2017
|algo                = 14d
|counter             =
|maxarchivesize      =
|minthreadsleft      =
|minthreadstoarchive = 1
|archiveheader       =
|key                 =
}}

Livenws (talk) 15:31, 30 December 2017 (UTC)

I think I made some mistake from my part. I made some fix, let's see if it works tomorrow. (Template should be fine as is.) — regards, Revi 15:38, 30 December 2017 (UTC)
Hi Revi, unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Livenws (talk) 16:01, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi, checked it. I'm currently on a vacation, allow me few days, thanks! — regards, Revi 14:44, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
Bot is at least functioning now (it didn't), but seems they are generating some errors. # — regards, Revi 08:33, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
OK, you'll need to provide archiveheader with standard archive notice like {{Archives}} on Meta. Since you provided 2017, I think you want to do yearly archival: you'll prefer %(year)d as you don't want to have 2018 discussion in 2017 archive. Remove |key, it's useless for your case. minthreadleft - unless you want to change the value from the default, you can remove it from the config. Since it's yearly archive, you'll want to remove |counter as it's for counter based archive like User talk:-revi/Archive/(1,2,3,...). Finally, |algo = 14d doesn't work: it has to be |algo = old(14d).
{{Archiveren
|archive             = Wikinieuws:Redactieruimte/Archief/%(year)d
|algo                = old(14d)
|minthreadstoarchive = 1
|archiveheader       = <!-- Something for {{tl|archives}} here -->
}}
will work. — regards, Revi 09:37, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
It works very well now! Thank you very much for all the help! Livenws (talk) 00:15, 20 January 2018 (UTC)

Request for marking some translations

Hi, revi. Could you mark ESEAP Conference 2018 (and its subpages) for translation, please? It would be helpful for us if those pages are able to be available in other languages, especially for languages in the East, South East, and Pacific regions. Hope you're doing well, ··· 🌸 Rachmat04 · 03:51, 12 January 2018 (UTC)

Sure! I can make some langauges "preferred" but have no idea which language to highlight, besides some obvious languages. I'll make the article for translation but if you tell me, I will make them "priority" later. — regards, Revi 15:12, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
Done except pages marked as work in progress. Notify me if you're ready for translation. — regards, Revi 16:06, 12 January 2018 (UTC)

Getting started on Phabricator

Greetings, ambassador!

As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.

For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 15:00, 16 January 2018 (UTC)

Quick translation request

Wikidata question moved to Wikidata. — regards, Revi 22:20, 20 February 2018 (UTC)

Ready for translation: Editing News #1—2018

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the upcoming issue of the multilingual newsletter for the visual editor, which will be widely delivered when it's end of Friday in Central Europe. Thanks in advance for your help with this: getting to interact with fellows so skilled like the translators are is among my favorite things about my job :) Best, Elitre (WMF) 10:29, 27 February 2018 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. Please let us know about difficulties you experience with the translation memory system.

The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting

  The Wikipedia Library – Global Coordinators Meeting

March 7th at 4:00 PM (UTC) (9:00 AM (PST)) – You’re invited!
  • The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting is a bi-monthly meeting held to improve communication and collaboration amongst all global coordinators and the TWL team.
  • In this meeting it'd be great if you can present us with what happened in your branches in the past two to four months. That'll be our first agenda. And then we'll follow the set agenda like the previous meeting which will be shared with you during the session.
  • As always members from the TWL team at WMF will be there to help facilitate and answer questions. We are interested in hearing from you about what you’re working on and what’s working!

PS: The publicly-logged meeting happens on IRC, in the channel #wikipedia-library on Freenode. KiwiIRC reveals your IP address. Please read this meta page and apply for a cloak in advance (preferably at least a week before) if this is an issue.

For any questions or suggestions, please contact avasanth [at] wikimedia [dot] org. Thank you, AVasanth (WMF), via --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:04, 28 February 2018 (UTC)

This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library global coordinators list.

Congratulations

선거를 축하합니다! --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 19:56, 28 February 2018 (UTC)

Thanks! (Minor vocablary fix: When you are 'elected', you say you're "당선되다". "선거" is just for "election".) — regards, Revi 20:03, 28 February 2018 (UTC)

Deletion of sockpuppet userpages

Hi revi. I noticed that you were locking cross-wiki vandals. In case you missed it, please delete User:좆까개씨팔 and it's corresponding talk page. Finally, congratulations on the steward elections! hiàn 05:16, 1 March 2018 (UTC)

Indeed, done, thanks! And another thanks for SE! — regards, Revi 05:18, 1 March 2018 (UTC)

Signature

This is how it would be. Do you like that? Thanks. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 17:55, 2 March 2018 (UTC)

(for the record) +2. — regards, Revi 18:16, 2 March 2018 (UTC)

Sweets for You

  Hello revi, I would like you to taste the sweets. Very very Congratulations and good luck to the new steward.--Jayprakash >>> Talk 05:08, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
Thanks! — regards, Revi 10:40, 4 March 2018 (UTC)

Mengapa?

Mengapa Usulan pemblokiran Manda,M ? Imanuel NS Uen (Pesan di sini) 4 Maret 2018 10.04 (UTC)

@Imanuel NS Uen: Karena Long-term abuse --180.251.6.32 12:56, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
I can’t understand your language. Please use English. — regards, Revi 10:38, 4 March 2018 (UTC)

voy:User:Yogada

why did you block this user? Also the entry on their user page would not even cause a delete in main space let alone a request for delete of the page. --Traveler100 (talk) 12:06, 6 March 2018 (UTC)

Brand new user posting a link to external website for their first contribution means it is highly likely that they are spam. For the record, I did not block him at enwikivoyage: I locked them at global level. — regards, Revi 12:07, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
Linking to an external site is not a reason for blocking on Wikivoyage. We want to encourage contributors. If someone is promoting a business we educate them to tone down any touting. Could you please unblock the user. This edit was not even in main space but on the users page. --Traveler100 (talk) 13:19, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
To be honest, that was very very spam-like. They're not the first indian spammer. It would be nice if the person would make it close to wikivoyage standards.--Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 13:26, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
I do believe that user’s sole intention is “to spam on Wikimedia wikis”(Global locks), so I don’t feel comfortable unlocking it. You can request unlock from other uninvolved steward at Steward requests/Global. — regards, Revi 13:54, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
I am not going to force the issue, as the most lightly interpretation is the user was spamming, just though a warning would have been more considerate (block on second or third such entry), and do not see how it makes a difference if it was from/about India and not from/about North America. --Traveler100 (talk) 22:02, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
Spammers know what they are doing, so I don't think any warning is necessary. And I don't care about the spammer's region: the only thing that matter is that it is spam. — regards, Revi 05:11, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
If it is spam, then it is probably posted also elsewhere. I suppose a global lock is not used because of one or a few edits on Wikivoyage, where we have a very much more liberal attitude towards businesses promoting themselves. Those cases can be handled locally. And I do not think we want to locally welcome users who spam the Wikipedias, Wikibooks or other projects where policies about businesses are more strict. --LPfi (talk) 08:57, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
Spam does not need to be done elsewhere to get their account locked (=Spam on one wiki is sufficient to warrant a lock). For example Special:CentralAuth/LouannNiw972. As I said, if you — enwikivoyage — want it unlocked, request it through SRG. I still believe this is a spambot, but if other steward decides otherwise, I respect that. — regards, Revi 09:29, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
In my understanding there is no such thing as an isolated spam message. I cannot see the person's edits at Wikivoyage (as it is deleted), but I hope there is something more than "a link to external website for their first contribution" as reason for the block. I have no desire to make request of unlocking, asking for logs and quotes and argue for unlocking an account that somebody with more experience has deemed to be a spambot. I just hope you double check your reasoning, and in best case explain it somewhat more understandably. --LPfi (talk) 15:27, 7 March 2018 (UTC)

Global Rename...unresolved

Hi Revi,

On 2 September 2014, I applied to have Global Rename abilities. On 5 September 2014, User:Pundit marked this request as done.

However, the Global Rename abilities were never granted to me. When I try to change a username, I get the following message: "Unauthorized. You do not have permission to rename global accounts, for the following reason: The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups: Stewards, Global renamers, WMF Support and Safety."

User:Pundit doesn't appear to be active on any of his Wikipedia accounts, so I thought I'd reach out to an active Steward.

Are you able to grant me the permission that Pundit meant to but never did?

Sincerely, Kingturtle (talk) 02:47, 12 March 2018 (UTC)

Your right was removed for inactivity.
(change visibility) 02:40, 6 October 2015 MF-Warburg (talk | contribs | block) changed group membership for Kingturtle from global renamer to (none) (see SRP: inactive for 1 year)
You'll have to apply for new SRGP request. Sorry I can't help! — regards, Revi 02:50, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
No problem. I just saw that myself just now. I was coming here to edit my post. I didn't know there was an inactivity time out on this. I will re-apply. Thanks, Kingturtle (talk) 03:06, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
Yup, sorry - the time-out kicked in, I was resolved at the time! :) Pundit (talk) 14:07, 13 March 2018 (UTC)

Join us tomorrow for the last event in the series Women in the Wikimedia movement: Women in technical spaces!

Hi! Thank you for signing up to attend one or multiple virtual events in the conversations series Women in the Wikimedia movement [1]. Your participation has made the events and conversation really interesting and good so far.

In about 12 hours, we will be hosting the last event of the series, Women in technical spaces. The virtual event will take place on BlueJeans, and will be broadcasted on YouTube. Our presenters will be Josephine Lim, who will be presenting about her work contributing to the Wikimedia Commons Android app, and Ciell and Ecritures, who will be sharing their experience creating an all-women and non-binary people hackathon in the Netherlands. After their presentations, there will be some time for conversations. I want to encourage everyone to participate! To this end, please join us on the BlueJeans link if you are able.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow! María Cruz


MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:42, 21 March 2018 (UTC)

References
  1. If you would like to unsubscribe from further updates about this series, please go to the sign up page, and delete your name

Please do not call them personal attacks

I didn't attack anyone personally. THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!--Mathmensch (talk) 15:46, 23 March 2018 (UTC)

My userpage

Hello there,

in recent discussions with you, I've had the impression that I can talk reasonably with you, which is why I'm directing a few questions to you, after I had some sleep and talked to others, who were equally baffled.

  1. What on earth happened yesterday on the English Wikipedia? I was named various things, and when I went to ANI, I got blocked for allegedly not being there to contribute. Can you explain any of that to me?
  2. You've deleted some parts of my userpage, even though I frankly don't believe that they constitute a hitpage. Let me explain. When a major newspaper quotes Donald Trump in saying "They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime", then this does not constitute an attack or an insult. To the contrary, it is a verbatim quote that would even be protected under press freedom laws in some countries. Hence, I wonder how the sections that you removed contradict any guidelines. Can you detail that out, and do you get where I'm coming from?
  3. Assuming that you still believe that they violate a guideline, how am I to modify the difflinks so that I can post them? I'd like it to be clearly seen for everybody what I've been through on ENWP, and what kind of blatant insults were not only allowed, but where the defence against them yielded an indefinite block for my user account.

And by the way: I won't stop writing wikibooks. I want them to be out there, for underprivileged children in India or any other English speaking country to be read, so that they may teach themselves. I'm also now learning Chinese, so that I can write in Mandarin, so that I reach even larger segments of the population.

And by the way: If anybody wanted to translate something into Korean, I'd be glad to offer any help. --Mathmensch (talk) 08:21, 24 March 2018 (UTC)

  1. I don't know - I'm not involved in English Wikipedia's administration, as such I don't know about their internal block discussions and such.
  2. Yes, that Donald Trump stuff might survive in "Encyclopedia" - but Meta-Wiki is not an encyclopedia. (WM:NOT - see 1. ) As I already explained on your talk page - (I think I'm telling you this for more than 3 times by now) that part of the userpage is violating "Meta is not a forum for continued attacks against other users." , "Meta is not an storage room where you can bring and keep random things. The inclusion of content is governed by our inclusion policy. If a thing does not belong to one wiki it does not automatically belong to Meta because "it's Meta".".
    1. You can argue freedom of the press - sure, you have it, but we have our own rules what is acceptable and what is not. Freedom of the press does not mean we have to hear what you are saying - you just have a freedom to say it. We may choose to hear it, or not. I believe your comments there is NOT appropriate for Meta. This XKCD will help you with this concept - except the NSFW words are not intended to you.
  3. You can't post it on Meta. Your posts on your userpage may not be an outright harassment, but again, combining your disputes on English Wikipedia, it becomes harassment towards them. (Let me cite English Wikipedia's definition of harassment: Harassment is a pattern of repeated offensive behavior that appears to a reasonable observer to intentionally target a specific person or persons.) And the texts there targets the author of the diffs. Therefore it becomes incompatible with our inclusion policy, as "dedicated attack page". Meta administrators are given more discretion (compared to English Wikipedia) interpreting policy and guidelines, as our community is smaller. If you want other administrator's look whether these stuff is out of Meta rules, you should ask over at WM:RFH.
You're free to contribute to Wikibooks, regardless of your blocks elsewhere. These days I tend to take a wiki-break over the weekend, so you should expect some delay for reply. — regards, Revi 10:17, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
I'm deeply unsatisfied with your answer and I don't believe that it reflects current policy. The cartoon I regard as offensive, and harassment is not something I do. I have a clear conscience at this point, and the argument that it constitutes harassment to collect difflinks that point to places where others have insulted me is beyond ridiculous. (I'm not going to call you "silly" though.) --Mathmensch (talk) 11:08, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
I gave you my explanation to the best extent I can - if you are not satisfied with my decision, you can usually ask other admins to review it on WM:RFH. — regards, Revi 11:10, 24 March 2018 (UTC)

Translation

Hi, thank you for marking for translation WikiAlpenforum/Events/Toblach-Dobbiaco! Could you do that for the current version as well? I have not much experience with the translation tool, I hope I don’t do anything wrong. Since the event has come close, I should already enable the people to register on the page, therefore it should be ready in both languages (even though I’m not really sure how the table for registration will work in translated versions)! Best regards, XanonymusX (talk) 14:56, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

I removed the wikitable from translation. And done. — regards, Revi 15:16, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

Thank you.

Waking up to thousands of vandalized pages (so many of them directly relating to work that my team does or is connected to) wasn't fun. We are grateful for how people like you handle these situations, fast and efficiently, allowing everyone to move on with their work like nothing ever happened in the first place. :) Have a nice rest of your day. --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 08:53, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

Haha, that's what I volunteered for. Nice afternooooooon! — regards, Revi 08:54, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

Ban

Why did you ban RipCityFTW? Dan Polansky is cyberbullying users. It is a serious crime. --RipCityFTW2 (talk) 11:57, 7 April 2018 (UTC)

IP ban by you

I can not edit my talk page. Or any other page. Wiki says my IP is banned by you by November 2017. You banned a whole range of IP addresses that belong to a VPS hoster that I use. I must use some tunnel to access the Internet, so I have bought a single VPS with IP to use as tunnel server, a month ago. It took me months to find VPS provider that does not throttle connection to my home, so I can not change my IP again. It is possible that a previous owner of that IP did something bad, but now it is mine and my account exists since 2008. Could you please review the locking of my IP?

I will not be able to answer you if you write on my page. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Барра Белый Гепард (talk) 19:15, 9 April 2018

On which wiki, and can you tell me the range of the VPS IP? VPS that has been abused is blocked as per No Open Proxy rule. Why do you need VPN tunnel to edit? If your reason is reasonable, I can grant you an exception to your account. — regards, Revi 10:57, 10 April 2018 (UTC)

Commond deletion bot requirements

I'm contacting you because you supported the Commons Deletion Bot proposal in the 2017 Community Wishlist. The Wishlist team has finalized the draft specifications for how the bot will work, and are seeking review in confirming or discussing the plans for the bot. If you have some time, please take a look and leave a comment. Thanks, happy editing to you. - Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:06, 12 April 2018 (UTC)

#1Lib1Ref from The Wikipedia Library

  The Wikipedia Library – #1Lib1Ref

#1Lib1Ref is happening again in May!

#1Lib1Ref, the annual campaign where librarians add references to improve Wikipedia, is coming back again this year, running from May 15th to June 5th, 2018.

  • Why twice? We heard from you a desire to run it again out of excitement, because May is not summer vacation for the southern hemisphere, and because Spanish Wikipedia's birthday also falls in May. This is a great expansion of the event and it means that there is another opportunity to make Wikipedia more factual and verifiable by leveraging the expertise of librarians around the world.
  • How does this relate to the main campaign in January? We encourage librarians, community members, and affiliates to make 1Lib1Ref their own. So whether we call this 1Lib1Ref May, 1Lib1Ref for the Southern Hemisphere, or 1Lib1Ref Strikes Back, the point is the excitement is building again, and we'd like you to be a part of it.
  • If I participated in January, do I have to do it again in May? It's entirely up to you, this is just another chance if you want to do more, or if you couldn't get around to January activities. This is a pilot for us, too, so we'll see how it goes and discuss what we learned after the May campaign.
  • How can you get involved?

Sincerely,

On behalf of The Wikipedia Library Team --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:40, 16 April 2018 (UTC)

For any questions or suggestions, please contact wikipedialibrary [at] wikimedia [dot] org.

This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library global coordinators list.

Translation, again

Hi, could you please mark the current version of WikiAlpenforum/Events/Toblach-Dobbiaco for translation again? The official registration of participants should open this weekend, so I’d like to offer them a fully translated page. Thanks in advance XanonymusX (talk) 10:07, 21 April 2018 (UTC)

Done, enjoy! — regards, Revi 10:13, 21 April 2018 (UTC)

more socks from Ven0m2014 sockmaster

Hi revi, the sockmaster from the Ven0m2014 case has created 2 more mock-socks on Commons, User:Guanacoo (mocking my admin-colleague c:User:Guanaco) and User:Incnis Mrsii (mocking c:User:Incnis Mrsi, who is very helpful in catching socks). Could you hide/remove these two as you have done with the 2 socks mocking me? Thanks. --Túrelio (talk) 17:51, 24 April 2018 (UTC)

Lock and hide reason is generally limited to three stuff:
  • Offensive or abusive username
  • Blatant attack username
  • PII leak
We usually don’t hide mocking username just because it’s mocking username. For your case, it was including ‘blatant attack username’, so I did it as a batch. I’m not sure on these two names. — regards, Revi 21:57, 24 April 2018 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Food

Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here. --Abhinav619 (talk) 09:08, 27 April 2018 (UTC)

The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting

  The Wikipedia Library – Global Coordinators Meeting

May 2nd at 4:00 PM (UTC) (9:00 AM (PST)) – You’re invited!

  • The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting is a bi-monthly meeting held to improve communication and collaboration amongst all global coordinators and the TWL team.
  • In this meeting it'd be great if you can present us with what happened in your branches in the past two to four months. That'll be our first agenda. And then we'll follow the set agenda like the previous meeting which will be shared with you during the session.
  • As always members from the TWL team at WMF will be there to help facilitate and answer questions. We are interested in hearing from you about what you’re working on and what’s working!

PS: The publicly-logged meeting happens on IRC, in the channel #wikipedia-library on Freenode. KiwiIRC reveals your IP address. Please read this meta page and apply for a cloak in advance (preferably at least a week before) if this is an issue.

For any questions or suggestions, please contact avasanth [at] wikimedia [dot] org. Thank you, AVasanth (WMF), via --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:27, 27 April 2018 (UTC)

This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library global coordinators list.

New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator board

Hello!

You have listed yourself as an active Tech Ambassador, thank you for that!

We have recently set up a board on Phabricator so that you can learn about tasks and updates that are potentially interesting for your community, and take action when necessary. During the pilot phase we are currently in, to avoid confusion, only Wikimedia Foundation's Community Liaisons will mark tasks so that they end up in the various columns. Thanks for your understanding!

Please follow this Phabricator board (learn how to). You'll receive "notifications" for updates in all tasks listed there. In case you choose to receive them as email; we currently expect the volume to be fairly low, but in any case you can learn how to manage it.

If you have any feedback about this board, please leave your questions and comments on the Ambassadors talk page.

All the best, Trizek (WMF) (talk) 13:03, 24 May 2018 (UTC)

206.189.0.0/16

This range block is ridiculously big. Did you do a collateral check before you blocked it? Does the entire thing really need to be blocked?

Also, there is an open OTRS ticket with someone asking to be unblocked from this range.

Thanks, – Ajraddatz (talk) 17:14, 24 May 2018 (UTC)

That specific range and IP in question belong to DigitalOcean, Virtual Private Server provider which is frequently abused as VPN. Whole /16 is assigned to the VPS AFAIK. — regards, Revi 20:42, 24 May 2018 (UTC)

En Wikipedia

Please Globally lock my Doppelgänger acccounts so they will not be compromised or used to edit any projects. If this is possible. Thanks! I am from the English Wikipedia. Thegooduser (talk) 01:28, 26 May 2018 (UTC)

Locks are for the case in Global locks#Reasons to request a global lock. We usually don't lock as an preemptive measure, unless we are sure account is compromised. — regards, Revi 11:02, 26 May 2018 (UTC)

Q about global.js

Hello revi, before several days a script related to userinfo that I put in User:علاء/global.js stop working, do you have any idea, why this code only stopped? --Alaa :)..! 13:13, 3 June 2018 (UTC)

I’ve seen such case too, but honestly I don’t know too :-( — regards, Revi 14:09, 3 June 2018 (UTC)

For a lazy person...

... you sure are helping out a lot on SRCU. Thanks for handling so much of the workload there :-) – Ajraddatz (talk) 06:09, 5 June 2018 (UTC)

No problem - that's what I'm supposed to do xD — regards, Revi 07:35, 5 June 2018 (UTC)

Add Pashto Wikivoyage in Www.wikivoyage.org_template this template

Hei brother can you please add Pashto language here in this template :-) Bloch khan (talk) 07:22, 14 June 2018 (UTC) code: ps.wikivoyage.org
under scrip: Travel Guide (وړيا سفري لارښود) Bloch khan (talk) 07:22, 14 June 2018 (UTC)

About the CU you did at the Chinese Wikipedia

I would confirm what you mean of group 4.1/4.2/4.3
Are the list of users in one group are confirmed of each other or not?--1233Talk 03:30, 14 June 2018 (UTC)

Group under 4 are possible to each other. — regards, Revi 10:23, 14 June 2018 (UTC)
Many thanks.--1233 | Questions?| This message is left by him at 00:41, 15 June 2018 (UTC)

Stewreq

@-revi: Hi -revi, I'm writing you here because I've seen this is the main wiki where you edit and because here you're a sysop. I think I've found a few proxies used recently by a single user who hides behind them to make similar unconstructive edits in different pages, and a few socks used to do the same kind of edits created recently. If I write here the suspicious proxies IP ranges, will you be able to block them (as they're forbidden on Wikipedia) and do the same with the socks created over such ranges (as they weren't created for reasons according to community standards)? Let me know, please, I'd like to be helpful to the project by reporting vandals in bad faith who use proxies and socks such as this one! Kbstudio0121 (토론) 2018년 6월 15일 (금) 03:30 (KST)

Please use SRG, thank you. — regards, Revi 22:06, 17 June 2018 (UTC)

ceejaybillones: blocked due to long term abuse

Hello Revi.

I just wanna know the simple yet concrete explanation why I am blocked again. And why long-term abuse? I am doing my edits to update the article about DYRF - 99.5 Star FM Iloilo because I am part (employed to be specified) of that radio station. And I after I created my personal page as Radio DJ of the said station, again, why I am blocked again.

I'm hoping for an immediate response for this. I firmly believe that I don't have ANY INTENTION of giving false informations throug this website.

Thank you. Ceejaybillones (talk) 18:50, 18 June 2018 (UTC)

I do quite a lot of IP block and locks: I need more details (the block message you get) to help you. Please note that I'm going to bed after saving this (it’s around 4am now in my home), so thanks in advance for your patience. — regards, Revi 18:59, 18 June 2018 (UTC)

Would you help me to set up the translation extension of this page?

Hi Revi,

I am trying to translate some of the important message for our board member to understand what should we pay attention regarding the use of our Simple Annual Plan Grant, so it would be great if you can use your translation administration right to help me set up the page [1]. Thank you in advance!

--Liang(WMTW) (talk) 08:40, 19 June 2018 (UTC)

Done. I made some translation tag update to prevent translators messing up the page styles in translated pages. — regards, Revi 11:13, 19 June 2018 (UTC)

Email

I emailed you. Can you please check your email? Thanks!Thegooduser (talk) 00:07, 15 June 2018 (UTC)

Please read User:-revi/Email. — regards, Revi 14:29, 16 June 2018 (UTC)
My alternate accounts on the English Wikipedia contains a password someone on the same IP as me may know. I can't access them, Can you lock them?Thegooduser (talk) 23:02, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
I updated User:-revi/Email. You'll know what I expect for my personal email and what not by now. — regards, Revi 21:42, 21 June 2018 (UTC)

Wikimania 2018 photographs

Hi Revi, thanks again for enabling the photograph upload function on the Wikimania 2018 website. However I have noticed a problem with the photographs. I am not sure what is causing it but I was wondering if you could please look into it as I am not sure what is wrong? I am wondering if it might have something to do with the automatic disablement of the upload photograph function on that wiki. Basically the two photographs I uploaded yesterday are not visible on the wiki even through they were visible yesterday. Here is a link to page that is an example of what I am talking about. --Discott (talk) 10:46, 20 June 2018 (UTC)

Please report it here. This way problems can be tracked easily. (See the health template above for my reply speed.) — regards, Revi 08:05, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Thanks Revi, done. --Discott (talk) 13:20, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Thanks Revi, it seems to be working great now.--Discott (talk) 13:49, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Hi Revi, our last plenary speaker has just sent through her photograph. Could you please all for photograph uploads onto the Wikimania website for 24 hours again so I can upload it? Thanks, Discott (talk)
Re-enabled it. The upload will be restricted to approved users (don't worry, you're included) by next Monday so I'll leave it open till then and monitor. — regards, Revi 14:08, 22 June 2018 (UTC)

The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting

  The Wikipedia Library – Global Coordinators Meeting

June 28th at 2:00 PM (UTC) (10:00 PM Beijing (CT), 7:30 PM (IST), 7:00 AM (PDT), more time zones) – You’re invited!

  • The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting is a bi-monthly meeting held to improve communication and collaboration amongst all global coordinators and the TWL team.
  • In this meeting it'd be great if you can present us with what happened in your branches in the past two months. That'll be our first agenda. And then we'll follow the set agenda like the previous meeting which will be shared with you during the session.
  • As always members from the TWL team at WMF will be there to help facilitate and answer questions. We are interested in hearing from you about what you’re working on and what’s working!

PS: The publicly-logged meeting happens on IRC, in the channel #wikipedia-library on Freenode. KiwiIRC reveals your IP address. Please read this meta page and apply for a cloak in advance (preferably at least a week before) if this is an issue.

For any questions or suggestions, please contact avasanth [at] wikimedia [dot] org. Thank you, Aaron, via --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:53, 22 June 2018 (UTC)

This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library global coordinators list.

GLAMify has completed a report for you! :)

Hullo!

GLAMify has just completed a report you asked for, with suggestions for integrating media from commons:Category:Images from National Museum of Korea.

The report is waiting for you here. :) Please note that the report pages may get deleted after 60 days, so if you'd like to keep these results around, copy them somewhere else.

Your faithful servant,

Ijonbot (talk) 08:02, 30 June 2018 (UTC)

pmsuccess cu

hi revi, can you confirm no more sleepers or other accounts linked. I asked here as the additional request seems non answered. pardon for impatience, thanks --Cohaf (talk) 12:21, 29 June 2018 (UTC)

Go through zhwiki HAM and make a new request there to be forwarded to RFCU if you wish new check done. At the time of check, there were no other sleepers visible at that moment. — regards, Revi 12:24, 29 June 2018 (UTC)
thanks, and relevant parties informed, remove placeholders--Cohaf (talk) 17:49, 29 June 2018 (UTC)
@Cohaf: You don't need to wait till Feb 2019 to ask a question on my annual confirmation. (The Google Translate seem to indicate that you wanted to ask me some question during 2019 confirmation). — regards, Revi 12:22, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
That's the problem with google translation, nuances are not reflected, I guess what you are thinking and what I am really meaning are different, though there are some convergence. Anyway, end of CU thing for me, I will go back to article writing. Thanks a lot --Cohaf (talk) 12:58, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
  • further clarification:the above comment meant I'm not really asking anything about you but rather, I will ask in general during the stewards elections about whether are there any stewards who understand Chinese or will be able to respond in what time zones. that's what's I meant. once again my apologies and really not against you per say --Cohaf (talk) 17:55, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
SE candidate's language skills are disclosed as part of their SE statements, for example User:-revi/SE. Timezones are also typically disclosed by the candidate, but yeah, it may be worth asking. (No worries, maybe I was overly curious.) — regards, Revi 18:04, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
I am not that familiar with stewards elections per say, the last time I looked at it was a decade ago while browsing wikipedia (and that was the times where there will be banners up at every wiki for donations, elections and etc). I guess things changed. As some other wikis CUs have timezones (like Simple), I think it may be well for every timing to have a CU on standby. that's all, the above is a little hyperbolic also.--Cohaf (talk) 18:21, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
just one more query (personal), are you a korean? if it is, then 진심으로 죄송합니다--Cohaf (talk) 18:23, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
Yes I am, and you don't need to be sorry :) — regards, Revi 18:56, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

┌────────────────┘
it's a place I always wanted to visit, having watched so much dramas (but not so much recently as ratings are falling and the things get repeated time and time again - legal, medical, can't the writers have more creativity - but looking forward to TVN Let Eat 3) as well as variety shows (but why Infinite Challenge being scrapped?). Would like to visit one day, likely DMZ, Sangnam DMC, Han river,COEX,Busan,Geojie (Namhae)-due to Hospital Ship and Because This is my first life as well as Pyeongtaek (influenced by Northen Limit Line). As for me, I am currently in a country where Trump-Kim Summit took place.--Cohaf (talk) 20:18, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

Wikimania 2018

Hi Revi, could you please reopen the upload page on the Wikimania 2018 webpage so I can upload the logo of a supporting organisation to the page? I have also noticed that the upload file link on the website now seems to automatically take me to commons instead of the sites own upload site. Could you please give me a link to the upload page for the Wikimania 2018 page please? Thanks, Douglas.--Discott (talk) 15:30, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

Visit wm2018:Special:Upload - this will always work. — regards, Revi 15:31, 3 July 2018 (UTC)
Fantastic, thank you Revi.--Discott (talk) 18:48, 3 July 2018 (UTC)
No problem, (maybe) see you at Wikimania! — regards, Revi 18:56, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

Autopatrollers

Hi! I could get autopatroller flag on meta? My contribution is positive and I help the project. -- OlegCinema 15:45, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

I usually prefer any admin request going to WM:RFH, but I'll do it since it's no big deal. — regards, Revi 16:04, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS

A paragraph is being left behind. Please mark for translation again.--J.Wong 16:49, 4 July 2018 (UTC)

Uh, fixed. It was long page to split, meh. — regards, Revi 16:54, 4 July 2018 (UTC)

Next steps for the wish “confirmation prompt for the rollback link”

Hello, a while ago you participated in a feedback round about a proposal how accidental clicks on the rollback link could be avoided. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and ideas!
Looking at the feedback and the rollback situation in different wikis, the development team decided how to approach this wish: As a default, most wikis won’t have a confirmation. But users who wish to have one, can enable it in their preferences, which will add a confirmation prompt to the rollback link on the diff page and on the list pages. The prompt won’t be a pop-up, but an inline prompt like for the thanks confirmation. You can read more about the planned solution and what influenced this decision on the project page. -- Best, Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 09:34, 16 July 2018 (UTC)

Steward requests/Miscellaneous

Excuse me -revi, I've seen that you closed a request opened after mine, so I was wondering if you could have a look to it too. Let me know please. Gheorghiosan (talk) 06:39, 19 July 2018 (UTC)

I don't process requests with the wall of texts during vacations. Also, note that requests with long lines are typically delayed because it takes time to read it, and think about it, before we act upon it. — regards, Revi 09:30, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
Sorry for disturbing you during vacations, if you don't have time for such an issue I won't ask you any more. Anyway, if you'd like to have a look now, I've recapitulated my request here (and another steward has done the same asking me if he had understood well the nature of my request). Gheorghiosan (talk) 05:55, 20 July 2018 (UTC)

Global block request

Hi Revi, can you please block globally User:StevenBenemet and User:Helomer, both SP of User:Anonymus 88? A check user investigation has been done on e.wiki by Bbb23 on my request: en:/User_talk:Bbb23#Possible_SP. Thank you! --Ruthven (msg) 03:00, 23 July 2018 (UTC)

  Done, but SRG is always faster. — regards, Revi 13:26, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
Thanks! I had doubts on how to present this request, where a CU has been done already + a duck test. --Ruthven (msg) 20:02, 26 July 2018 (UTC)

Global lock for Simon1996

Hi, could you close the rfc (imo totally uncalled for) as well as request. I see no consensus as well as it is simply going nowhere to a consensus. Keeping it open will only waste even more volunteer time which is clearly not what blocks are supposed to do. Thanks a lot.--Cohaf (talk) 06:49, 4 August 2018 (UTC)

Oud en trouw Roermond

Thank you for moving the history of Oud en trouw Roermond (multilingual Wikisource) to Oud en trouw Roermond (Wikisource in the Dutch language)Klaas `Z4␟` V:  10:20, 5 August 2018 (UTC)

Change in a blocked IP

Hi Revi


I have received a warning that you have blocked one IP in all wikis stating the following reason: Open proxy: Leaky webhost: Contact stewards if you are affected. This IP is from a student dorm in Denmark... I have been a contributor since almost 10 years ago and this IP is my only way to edit when I’m home. Could you just block it for anonyms or also for creating accounts, but not for already registered users? The affected IP is 212.98.122.70, and the blocked range is 212.98.64.0/18.


Thank you in advance! I hope it will get solved soon... Xavi Dengra (MESSAGES) 17:33, 10 August 2018 (UTC)

Unblocked. (Well, will do it after I save it) — regards, Revi 17:35, 10 August 2018 (UTC)

block

Hi I want to know that why you block me?????? Plaese unblock me.Plaese —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Farinax (talk) 05:41, 13 August 2018‎

Without the information about the block, I can't assist you. Which block are you referring to? If you don't want to publicly list your IP address, you can email us. — regards, Revi 10:06, 13 August 2018 (UTC)

Commons deletion notification bot

Greetings,

You are receiving this message because you supported the Commons deletion notification bot in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.

Commons deletion notification bot is ready to be deployed to any Wikimedia wiki that wishes to use it. If your community is interested in the bot, you can leave a request on the project page on meta-wiki. The bot messages are available for translation on translatewiki.net, as part of preparing the bot for release.

Thank you for your participation in the Wishlist. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:29, 16 August 2018 (UTC)

Jason 3 remaining edits on warwiki

Hi revi, can I request to either delete the 3 edits as users are not encouraged to create other users userpages or at least a rev del as the edit summaries are also personal attacks in some sense. Thanks.--Cohaf (talk) 06:06, 15 August 2018 (UTC)

Closed the RFC. I only know someone else did the warwiki stuff, so I contacted him to look at this. — regards, Revi 14:49, 15 August 2018 (UTC)

Block at zhwiki

Hi:

 Why do you blockade me?
 It say that because you blockade me,I can not edit anything or registered in wiki.

Please help me. Forgive my English is bad. I can't speak Korean!!! (P.S:I only speak Chinese.)

                Thank you. ~Bonnie

—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 180.217.231.34 (talk) 14:46, 20 August 2018

The block was requested by zhwiki admins at Steward requests/Checkuser/2018-07#江青泉@zh.wikipedia. — regards, Revi 07:56, 20 August 2018 (UTC)

The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting

  The Wikipedia Library – Global Coordinators Meeting

August 30th at 2:00 PM (UTC) (10:00 PM Beijing (CT), 7:30 PM (IST), 7:00 AM (PDT), more time zones) – You’re invited!
  • The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting is a bi-monthly meeting held to improve communication and collaboration amongst all global coordinators and the TWL team.
  • In this meeting it'd be great if you can present us with what happened in your branches in the past two months. That'll be our first agenda. And then we'll follow the set agenda like the previous meeting which will be shared with you during the session.
  • As always members from the TWL team at WMF will be there to help facilitate and answer questions. We are interested in hearing from you about what you’re working on and what’s working!

PS: The publicly-logged meeting happens on IRC, in the channel #wikipedia-library on Freenode. KiwiIRC reveals your IP address. Please read this meta page and apply for a cloak in advance (preferably at least a week before) if this is an issue.

For any questions or suggestions, please contact avasanth [at] wikimedia [dot] org. Thank you, Aaron, via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:18, 23 August 2018 (UTC)

This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library global coordinators list.

My account has been blocked

Dear Revi, I am a wikipedian with about 10-year membership in wikipedia. When I wanted to edit one webpage, by mistake my vpn was on. Because of that, my account is now blocked. This was just a mistake. Could you please unblock my account? Shfarshid (talk) 18:00, 23 August 2018 (UTC)

If you disable your VPN, you should have no problem editing. — regards, Revi 18:06, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
Thank you, it is solved now. Shfarshid (talk) 18:47, 23 August 2018 (UTC)

My account has been blocked too

Dear revi, I am in another country that disables Google usage but I have to use Google for work so that's why I need a VPN. But you blocked me from editing Wiki because I am using the VPN so please unblock me! Thank you. BlueBaron

BlueBaron, your editing on English Wikipedia do not seem constructive. If you can promise you will not do any vandalism / test edit / other bad behaviors, I will grant you an exception to the VPN block. — regards, Revi 07:12, 26 August 2018 (UTC)

Translation sync request

@-revi: since the grant officer Winifred has changed the description the page here, I wonder can you help us to do the work for our translation can by synced with the English version? Thank you. Liang(WMTW) (talk) 04:50, 25 August 2018 (UTC)

Wolliff_(WMF) messed up the translation tag. I've restored them and marked for translation. I don't know why he removed all the translation tag... Anyway, Wolliff is translationadmin himself, he should be able to mark it for translation himself. — regards, Revi 07:28, 26 August 2018 (UTC)

일전의 질의 건

일전의 관리자 직책의 부여 기간 관련 질의와 관련하여 우연찮게 Steward requests/Permissions/2014-02#Guycn2@hewikinews와 같은 건을 발견하였는데 이러한 것은 어떠한 이유에서 무기한 직이 부여되었는지 규정을 찾아봐도 개인적으로는 잘 알 수가 없는데 이 부분에 대해서 혹 알고 계신 게 있으신지요. 해당 건은 2012년 이후라서 다소 이해가 가지 않아서요. --Garam (talk) 18:03, 25 August 2018 (UTC)

65.49.0.0/17 these IP addresses have blocked

I'm using the open proxy to edit the Cantonese Wikipedia due to the GFW have blocked for Cantonese Wikipedia in China.

However, I have change the "hosts" file in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc to visit the Cantonese Wikipedia. it told that IP address is in a range which has been blocked by GFW for changing "hosts" file since Aug. 24th., 2018. It told the errors about "Safety Accession Failed". Now I want to edit the topics in Cantonese Wikipedia. It told the information about "IP address for 65.49.0.0/17 have blocked" and CANNOT edit the topics when I use the Open Proxy.

Now I want to unblock the IP addresses for 65.49.0.0/17 due to the GFW have already using the newest inaccessible technical procedures in China. Thanks.--PQ77wd (talk) 05:10, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

Hi @PQ77wd: user! However, this range has been blocked because is open proxy from Fremont, CA. You can request IP exempt on Steward requests/Global permissions. Web SourceContent Management System 07:24, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
I granted you an exception to the global block, as you are already a member of community. I cannot unblock the range, read User talk:-revi/FAQ#censored for the reason. — regards, Revi 07:30, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
Now I go to here to make the unblock requestion.--PQ77wd (talk) 07:59, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
You can edit yuewiki as you usually do. I already granted you what you need to get. — regards, Revi 08:00, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

My account has been blocked for my IP address range

Hello (Anihasaiyo) Revi, I would like to ask an Global Exception for all wikis for my account. I am living in China (Mainland) for now and I need to use ShadowsocksR to visit all wikis by Wikimedia successfully. But when I use ShadowsocksR to edit, I always blocked. So, I would like to ask an Global Exception for all wikis for my account. Thanks (Kangsanghaneda).--Shwangtianyuan (talk) 16:50, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

China, turkey, ... and blocked? Click here. — regards, Revi 16:57, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

el:wikipedia

The administrators of the Greek wiki are garbage. They do political propaganda and have blocked all Olympiacos entries from all users. Please make the necessary recommendations and ask them to implement the policy.--2A02:587:800A:F000:A538:22A:AE9C:869B 17:54, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

Stewards do not engage in local disputes. — regards, Revi 07:59, 28 August 2018 (UTC)

Problem with EO wiktionary admin "Pablo Escobar" (permissions group with no member)

Hello ... I got permanently blocked (officially for one week, but obviously intended to be upgraded to permanent if I dare to continue contributing after the current block expires) for no reason from EO wiktionary by Pablo Escobar. There seems to be only one administrator (Pablo Escobar biased against me) and no bureaucrats available there, thus this is a case of "particular project has a permissions group with no member". This is my last edit. Could you revoke eir admin privileges? Thanks Taylor 49 (talk) 10:34, 30 August 2018 (UTC)

Stewards do not engage in local disputes. — regards, Revi 10:34, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
What other possibilites are available if a "particular project has a permissions group with no member"? Taylor 49 (talk) 10:38, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
Please read User talk:-revi/FAQ#desysop. — regards, Revi 10:40, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
Done. What is the best way (especially if one is blocked) to contact the community in order to achieve "a community consensus"? Taylor 49 (talk) 10:56, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
People usually try RfC. — regards, Revi 14:21, 1 September 2018 (UTC)

Stewards noticeboard

I was actually going to close it myself, but thank you for closing it. MonsterHunter32 (talk) 06:20, 2 September 2018 (UTC)

On a Wikibreak / 위키휴가

Hello,

I am on a wikibreak for next 4-5 days. I will respond to you when I'm back. Thank you.


안녕하세요.

4-5일 정도 위키휴가를 가질 예정입니다. 돌아오면 응답해 드리겠습니다. 감사합니다.


— regards, Revi 08:26, 2 September 2018 (UTC)

Wikibreak

I'm on a wikibreak.

  • If you need help with Steward matter, please visit this page and find the right page.
  • If you need help with admin matter, please vist this page.
  • If you just post it here, you might not get a timely response.

Thanks for your understanding! — regards, Revi 14:40, 10 September 2018 (UTC)

Requests for help

Hello -revi, I would like request autopatroller rights on Meta, as I understand Meta policies and guidelines also I'm a regular global contributor, Kindly grant me autopatrollers user right if possible. Also request to mark Meta:Patrollers and Help:Patrolled edit for translation. Thanks and Regards, ZI Jony (Talk) 17:30, 29 September 2018 (UTC)

Please do so on WM:RFH. Thanks. — regards, Revi 17:31, 29 September 2018 (UTC)

Emergency in KaWiki

Dear steward,
Please read my explanation thoroughly. It is about an inexorable situation in the Georgian Wikipedia, the long-established. Every attempt to solve the problem locally fails again and again. So, please, do not be indifferent.
The requests are extraordinary, so I do not write on a general page, but personally.
Best regards, Deu. 18:06, 30 September 2018 (UTC)

Anonymous proxy editing

Hello. I am a user from Mainland China. I found I cannot directly open any Japanese and Chinese Wikipedia pages since last month. So I tried to access by editing my Hosts file. However I still cannot access. Now I have to access via an anonymous proxy. But then I shall not be able to edit any Japanese Wikipedia pages. I think I request IP address block exemption. Please help. Thank you.——Ginbayashi (talk) 05:43, 2 October 2018 (UTC)

FAQ covers it: User talk:-revi/FAQ#censored — regards, Revi 05:45, 2 October 2018 (UTC)

Your help is requested

Hi Revi,

First, an introduction if you don't already know me. My name is James Hare, and I am the associate product manager for the Scoring Platform team at the Wikimedia Foundation. We're the team that works on ORES, the system which makes rapid predictions about articles and edits to help editors identify vandalism and triage their work.

I'm contacting you because you previously volunteered to help with a Wikilabels campaign. Our team is working on a new, related wiki extension called JADE. JADE is a new system for editors to annotate individual edits with notes and labels. For example, you could label a given edit as damaging if it vandalizes the article or is otherwise inappropriate. These notes and labels will reside in a new Judgment namespace, where they can be edited by other editors the same way you would edit articles, templates, etc. Our goal is to have editors contributing metadata about edits the same way they contribute to articles. This will help us improve ORES by helping us find cases where ORES is making wrong predictions or is otherwise biased in its predictions. For more information, see <https://mediawiki.org/wiki/JADE>.

We would like your help. We have some questions that we are currently asking community members:

  • Please read through https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/JADE and let us know: Is this page clear? Does it explain what JADE is and what it is used for?
  • Regarding the wiki(s) you edit, how familiar are you with how anti-vandalism patrollers coordinate their activity? Might there be interest in a system for better coordination?
  • How concerned are you, personally, about the potential for AI to become biased and perpetuate bias on the Wikimedia projects? Would you be interested in helping us identify patterns of bias or inaccuracy in ORES?
  • Do you know who else I should talk to?

I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Harej (WMF) (talk) 18:20, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Hi, I am currently being flooded with the request for help/comments: I will be able to reply to you by next week (or the week after that). Thanks! — regards, Revi 18:30, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

IP exepttion

Dear -revi,
can you please give me ip range exeption, I'm using "Freifunk" in Germany since some month and got this right on de:wp. I need this also for commons, and if possible on any wiki. Regards, Conny (talk) 10:18, 6 October 2018 (UTC).

Comments on your report

Hello -revi,

Thank you for submitting your report. However, it appears that it is missing at least one outcome. WMF is requesting for attendees to share something that results from their participation at the conference with the Wikimedia movement after the conference has ended; or share something that was created/started while at Wikimania, but has benefits to the movement after the conference ended.

Please edit to meet the request, or let me know if I have missed any outcome/s included in your blog post. -- Best, Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 00:01, 11 September 2018 (UTC)

Hi MJue (WMF), is there any deadline? I will be able to look at this around this weekend. Is this fine to you, or should this be done ASAP? Thanks! Gisado (talk) 06:10, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi Gisado, and thank you for the swift reply! This is not time-sensitive, so would the end of September be enough time? Cheers, Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 16:21, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
That's more than enough, thanks! Will let you know after I do the stuff. — regards, Revi 16:22, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
Hello MJue, sorry for the delay. Updated, would this be sufficient? — regards, Revi 09:29, 14 October 2018 (UTC)
Thank you, -revi! This will satisfy our requirements. Best, Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 20:39, 15 October 2018 (UTC)

I want help, please help me????? Krishh Na Rajeev (talk) 04:20, 6 October 2018 (UTC)

Translation: VisualEditor newsletter October 2018

18:20, 24 October 2018 (UTC)

The Community Wishlist Survey

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

Block

Hello Can I know why did you block me ? Thank you

210.215.0.0/16

Editing from your IP address range (210.215.0.0/16) has been blocked (disabled) on all Wikimedia wikis until 22:44, 27 June 2021 by -revi (meta.wikimedia.org) for the following reason:
         Open proxy: Leaky webhost: Contact stewards if you are affected

Could you please provide bit more details about what we get blocked? As admin of this network I glad to help to resolve the issue. Blocking /16 without contacting owner first is bit harsh. The Holm (talk) 05:54, 1 November 2018 (UTC)

When I was making block, I found several open proxies within that range. (We usually do not notify netadmin because the data is obtained via non-public method and disclosing it to other people like ISPs require bureaucratic process with Legal.) I will remove the block for now. — regards, Revi 06:16, 1 November 2018 (UTC)

Who's that

Hi revi, thanks for your fast action here. You did change the rationale but I don't see the connection, may I ask who is JLw Rkazskw? Regards, --Achim (talk) 07:42, 2 November 2018 (UTC)

The records indicate they are Elbasyouny, banned by WMF. — regards, Revi 07:43, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
Hmm, I'm not sure, it doesn't convince. Elbasyouny seems to be an Arab language user, JLw Rkazskw = Aiwd IpSQLVKR is a Romanian one. Best, --Achim (talk) 10:05, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
I can't discuss nonpublic information for obvious reason, but the technical details says it is him. — regards, Revi 10:07, 2 November 2018 (UTC)

revi hi

this user:episilon212


after 1 weeks work deletions i still a bit of revert of some pages i am a non deletionist and wellcome your stewardshipi alos seek adminship soon i would do african wikis and no blocks for unnessasry things

User name episilon212

(non deletionist and and stay withing african wikis ) Episilon212 (talk) 13:09, 2 November 2018 (UTC)

Hello, it looked like you were using Machine translation. Please avoid it. Good luck. — regards, Revi 15:19, 2 November 2018 (UTC)

WAM CentralNotice for ttWP

Thanks. --Frhdkazan (talk) 10:04, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Done! — regards, Revi 10:06, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Open proxy: Leaky webhost: Contact stewards if you're affected .

Hi -revi,

please unlock my IP address. From one minute to another, I got locked. It is said in the justification for this lockout, that it lasts from June 11 2018 until June 11 2021. This is obviously wrong: https://xtools.wmflabs.org/ec/de.wikipedia/Merki%C3%B0?uselang=en

Thank you!

Kind regards --Merkið (talk) 11:52, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Hello, are you using any VPN software? If so, please disable it. If not, I need your IP address to consider unblocking. — regards, Revi 12:44, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
209.97.136.237, said the lock message. I do not use VPN, I think. --Merkið (talk) 12:51, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
That IP is assigned to DigitalOcean, which is a 'leaky webhost' and also frequently used as VPN. — regards, Revi 12:53, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
So I have to wait until June 11 2021, until I can edit Wikipedia again? --Merkið (talk) 12:59, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
Of course not, I've exempted you from the block. — regards, Revi 13:02, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
Thank you very much! --Merkið (talk) 13:08, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

CentralNotice Asian Month translation

Don't have permission to create a new page for CentralNotice of Asian Month, but here are details if you can help.

  1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:WAM_Translations-link/sd | https://sd.wikipedia.org/wiki/وڪيپيڊيا:وڪيپيڊيا_ايشيائي_مهينو
  2. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:WAM_Translations-checkout/sd | شامل ٿيو
  3. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:WAM_Translations-text/sd | هي نومبر وڪيپيڊيا ايشيائي مهينو آهي.

Arslanali (talk) 12:02, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Done! — regards, Revi 12:42, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

CN translations

Regards --Tiven2240 (talk) 12:38, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Done! — regards, Revi 12:43, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Tamil Translations

Hi Revi,

Tamil Wiki Asian Month Translations required.

MediaWiki:WAM Translations-link/ta https://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki/விக்கிப்பீடியா:ஆசிய_மாதம்
MediaWiki:WAM Translations-checkout/ta இந்த நவம்பர் விக்கிப்பீடியா ஆசிய மாதம்.
MediaWiki:WAM Translations-text/ta வாருங்கள் இணைந்து பங்கேற்கலாம்.

Thanks. --Dineshkumar Ponnusamy (talk) 22:32, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Done! — regards, Revi 06:53, 5 November 2018 (UTC)

MediaWiki NameSpace

Dear Revi, I need your assistance with the editing of MediaWiki namespace. I wanted to add my language code. The Living love (talk) 06:30, 5 November 2018 (UTC)

Look at how other people did it and follow them. Thanks. — regards, Revi 06:41, 5 November 2018 (UTC)

Tagalog translations for Wikipedia Asian Month CentralNotice

Hi, -revi! Here are the translations for the Wikipedia Asian Month CentralNotice into Tagalog.

Thanks again. --Sky Harbor (talk) 08:05, 5 November 2018 (UTC)

Done! — regards, Revi 12:12, 5 November 2018 (UTC)

The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting

  The Wikipedia Library – Global Coordinators Meeting

November 14th at 2:00 PM (UTC) (10:00 PM Beijing (CT), 7:30 PM (IST), 6:00 AM (PST), more time zones) – You’re invited!
  • The Wikipedia Library Global Coordinators Meeting is a bi-monthly meeting held to improve communication and collaboration amongst all global coordinators and the TWL team.
  • In this meeting it'd be great if you can present us with what happened in your branches in the past two months. That'll be our first agenda. And then we'll follow the set agenda like the previous meeting which will be shared with you during the session.
  • As always members from the TWL team at WMF will be there to help facilitate and answer questions. We are interested in hearing from you about what you’re working on and what’s working!

PS: The publicly-logged meeting happens on IRC, in the channel #wikipedia-library on Freenode. KiwiIRC reveals your IP address. Please read this meta page and apply for a cloak in advance (preferably at least a week before) if this is an issue.

For any questions or suggestions, please contact avasanth [at] wikimedia [dot] org. Thank you, Aaron, via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:02, 8 November 2018 (UTC)

This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library global coordinators list.

Request for Permission

Hey revi, I can't find any other avenue (the admin / steward board seems quite heavy), could I be granted the rollback flag on this wiki as well (I currently hold it on zhwiki and zhwikiversity), as I am starting to do some vandalism reverting. However, I know the volume is low and I usually get beaten to it by someone else (a rollbacker). Is there something like Twinkle here? That will be also be good (actually the rollback button is more of a liability at times). Thanks a lot. --Cohaf (talk) 21:01, 7 November 2018 (UTC)

Hi, as you have realized, I usually forget to process permission requests submitted here. Granted. Please request other user rights on WM:RFH (actually anything you need admin: better done there). — regards, Revi 09:47, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
oh thanks, I guess another FAQ is needed above. Have a good day and thanks much.--Cohaf (talk) 09:50, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
Maybe >_> will do after few more people. So far it has been less than 5. — regards, Revi 09:52, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
Oh, note that rollback is called patroller on Meta. — regards, Revi 09:52, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
duly noted, will use it with much care and caution. Thanks for your trust. hopefully the FAQ is never or else the above header will be indeed very puffed up.--Cohaf (talk) 09:55, 10 November 2018 (UTC)

Public speakers

Central notice adminship

Hi! For security reasons, the Foundation decided to remove the rights related to Central Notice adminship from regular Meta admins, so that only the special group "central notice administrators" still has them. Since you made CN-related actions in the last 12 months, WMF requested us Meta bureaucrats to add you to do this group, in order not to disturb your workflow. The announcement can be found here. Best regards --MF-W 23:42, 18 November 2018 (UTC)

I was blocked and dont know why

Yabuseyo Nuguseyo

--47.19.209.229 23:42, 21 November 2018 (UTC)

User:Ciphers

Hi, I saw Tony post that they had used more accounts than the one sock mentioned in en SPI. Could I have the list of accounts they used if they have any edits on zhwiki and etc as their main account is is conducting disruptive editing on zhwiki and I rollbacked all, just wanting to make sure there isn't any vandalism which are not spotted. No rush and take your time for this. Thanks much.--Cohaf (talk) 06:01, 25 November 2018 (UTC)

I don't know any beside two, maybe contact TonyBallioni? — regards, Revi 06:09, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
it's okay then, just the post on User talk:Az1568 is a little confusing, that's why I asked. Anyway the main account is using insults (not to the level of RD) in edit summaries while vandalizing zhwiki using Chinese. This is totally weird as they should not know Chinese, machine translation?--Cohaf (talk) 06:13, 25 November 2018 (UTC)

Blocked

Hi revi! For some reason, my account was blocked by you. It happens from time to time that I'm apparently blocked based on some connection stuff and then after some days it works all again as if had nothing ever happend. Would you mind explaining it? Regards, --3mnaPashkan (talk) 21:06, 4 December 2018 (UTC)

Do you use VPN software? If you do, try disabling it. If you do not, check your computer and browser for one and if you are sure you do not, please copy your block message and send it to stewards wikimedia.org with link to this page. We'll check. — regards, Revi 23:15, 4 December 2018 (UTC)

Greetings

Hope all is well IRL for you. I heard that you withdrawn as enwiki ACE scrutinizer. Hope it's not something major. Take care.--Cohaf (talk) 05:43, 14 December 2018 (UTC)

Module problem

Had this issue: Getting this error message (Error: error in Lua code line 1: unexpected symbol near '/') when I try to create this module Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css on the Macedonian Wikipedia. Is there some solution to this, so that it can be put in use in our Wikipedia. Thank you! Инокентиј (talk) 11:40, 18 December 2018 (UTC)

You must get a local admin to change the content model to "Sanitized CSS".
Trappist the monk (talk) 11:53, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
mw:Help:ChangeContentModel
Trappist the monk (talk) 12:02, 18 December 2018 (UTC)

So the author of the module point me in this direction can you help me with the conversion? Thank you! --Инокентиј (talk) 15:02, 18 December 2018 (UTC) Managed to do it myself thank you!--Инокентиј (talk) 15:12, 18 December 2018 (UTC)

WAM (2019)

Hi, i cant create these pages:

with this content:

Can you please create these pages with the content? Thanks (if you reply, please ping) --Patriccck (talk) 18:54, 19 December 2018 (UTC)

大韓民國

This literally means "Republic of Korea". Is it really a good user name?--117.136.0.241 16:15, 24 December 2018 (UTC)

I can read some Hanja, I know what it means. It's not violation of Korean Wikipedia username policy where he requested rename, so nihil obstat. — regards, Revi 16:18, 24 December 2018 (UTC)

Emergency

mail. Please check. Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 17:49, 24 December 2018 (UTC)

Email replied. — regards, Revi 17:53, 24 December 2018 (UTC)

This is Lojbanist speaking (via IP)

User_talk:Renamed_user_TG9qYmFuaXN0#Attention 2001:569:BD7D:6E00:CC4C:2517:213E:A6F0 15:32, 24 December 2018 (UTC)

Nice try! You now get your old username back. Enjoy. — regards, Revi 15:45, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
The password works. Try it. 2001:569:BD7D:6E00:CC4C:2517:213E:A6F0 15:50, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
I can not log back in, as someone reset my password and removed my email address. Please globally lock the account. 2001:569:BD7D:6E00:CC4C:2517:213E:A6F0 16:01, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
Your account is not being locked right now because you tried to fool us by intentionally leaking the password. I will consider locking it when something happens. — regards, Revi 16:07, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
Something did happen, since I can't log back in. 2001:569:BD7D:6E00:CC4C:2517:213E:A6F0 16:17, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
Not considered something. Something here is in the form of edit or log action. — regards, Revi 16:18, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
The account was compromised. Are you really gonna let some guy run around the WMF projects with a compromised account? 2001:569:BD7D:6E00:CC4C:2517:213E:A6F0 16:20, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
I see it is already locked (facepalm) but it's you who intentionally published your password and as such you're the one responsible for the consequences. Don't try to magically convert that responsibility to me. There's nothing more to be done, so goodbye. Your future socks will be locked because it will be evasion of global lock. — regards, Revi 19:18, 26 December 2018 (UTC)
Return to the user page of "-revi/Archives/2018".