User talk:علاء/Archive 2
Come join Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018/CEE Women again! <3
Hello, علاء! You receive this message because last year you took part in the CEE Women challenge. This year the challenge repeats, and it will take longer: from now until the end of May (about 10 weeks).
Please, feel invited to visit the page Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018/CEE Women and join the challenge again. Help have more notable women from Central and Eastern Europe in more language versions globally, including Arabic. We again have a list of ideas for biographic articles of women from all over the CEE.
What is different this year is that now you can set your own minimal number of articles as a measure of your challenge (i don't advise you to challenge yourself with more than 70 ;) 10-20 is perfect!). Also, you can receive as a prize a postcard not only from Bulgaria (as in 2017), but also from a list of countries from CEE and around the world. Apart of being a receiver, you can also opt to be a sender of postcards from your country to some of the other participants! That would also be awesome!
Please explain the revert : https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steward_requests/Username_changes&diff=17882342&oldid=17882285 Request is clear and reason precise ! 184.108.40.206 16:22, 29 March 2018 (UTC)
Notification of suspension
For overuse of blacksmithing and changes in group membership, with respect to ban-hammars and locks, you have made steward policy in use. Your access to steward tools have been suspended for the 1st of April.
مرحبا، علاء؛ لقد تعرض حسابي في ويكيبيديا العربية لمنع تلقائي لنطاق الأيبي من طرفك، ولذلك أطلب منك إما أن ترفع الحظر عني، أو إعطائي صلاحية مستثنى، ولك بالغ شكري MedRAM (talk) 06:51, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
Just to make sure you are aware of this....
Need your help
Regarding closure of Global rollback for Neriman2003
- Shanmugamp7 - already presented at #Just to make sure you are aware of this.... :) — regards, Revi 04:45, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Shanmugamp7: Thanks for the reminder --Alaa :)..! 08:17, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
- Meanwhile... You've got a mail. — regards, Revi 08:27, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
I've seen your support for ASammour's volunteering. I just wanted to know if you've some time to show him the ropes, and go through his first tickets. Thanks! --Ruthven (msg) 14:16, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
I hope you are doing fine? Please, I wish to globally change my username to User:QTC. I had been subjected to recurring harassment in the past under my current username and I wish to change it to the name I mentioned above. Please, help with the rename. Thank you. Wikicology (talk) 14:43, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hello @Wikicology: I'm doing fine and hope you so. I see your comment on SRUG talk page, and I'll comment there soon. Sorry for late --Alaa :)..! 20:57, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
Hello علاء. This looks like an accidental copypaste from further down the page. Perhaps it isn't? It is also in the block log. You know how these things can cause confusion and other issues down the line. zzuuzz (talk) 17:44, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- While I'm here I can't not also mention this and this are actually Royer2356 :) zzuuzz (talk) 18:00, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Zzuuzz: Just to clarify, you mean talk about this request? if yes, as I found on check that this account confirmed for accounts mentioned on the other request. I didn't notice PlyrStar93 request. I'll take another look on other accounts that you mentioned! but often I check before lock! so it's a strange thing! --Alaa :)..! 18:03, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- I see you are apparently correct about that, so my apologies and thanks for clarification. It did look like a mistake though :) We have w:en:Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Essjaey for the school person, though they probably have previous accounts. See  There's a whole nest of socks lurking there. zzuuzz (talk) 18:13, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Zzuuzz: Another conflict on edits to avoid confusion I generalized the reason, because checks made me confused also (I talked here about first accounts that you mentioned), and I did the same with other 2 accounts but also share somethings with Fuerdai. I'll try to wrote a report on CU wiki then ping you to talk a look. Thanks for attention and alert. I think use a generalized reason will be better on those accounts, because as I see and said that there's a sth strange about Fuerdai's behavior and socks --Alaa :)..! 18:17, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
You might want to look at your central auth on that wiki. 220.127.116.11 19:54, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
You fell into a HansZwiller pitfall yet another time. Certainly, the IPs have to be blocked globally if only because were used by a dangerous LTA, and also because of the UrlZone botnet for the first. But two co-located accs discovered by you are not Ven0m2014 on behavioral evidence and timing.
I don’t object against locking it. But look at – it contributes to Chinese Wikipedia, and mainland China is known for censorship of Wikipedia. Are you sure you do a right thing? Incnis Mrsi (talk) 08:34, 24 April 2018 (UTC)is likely some sock puppet in en.Wikipedia with a trollish username and
- You featured an unsolicited initiative processing the request—noone asked you to perform searches and shootings on 126.96.36.199 AFAIK—and consequently have now an extra job. After examination of en:Special:Contribs/Thecreativejanet I didn’t acquire any idea whose sock puppet “she” may be. Could you consult with en.Wikipedia check-users about this case? Incnis Mrsi (talk) 10:35, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Incnis Mrsi: "Gotole confirmed with Lero456" & "Thecreativejanet confirmed with Peterc47". And IPs used for long term abuse, if you have any thing else you can apply unblock request on SRG. I don't have anything to add --Alaa :)..! 14:26, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
Another Fuerdai sock
Thanks... 188.8.131.52 19:59, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Done as LTA --Alaa :)..! 20:23, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Another one: 2601:1C0:4400:CF3B:900E:DCA1:7747:562E 22:55, 23 April 2018 (UTC) Thanks.
- Done by Rxy --Alaa :)..! 14:29, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
Another one: 2601:1C0:4401:24A0:70A4:DD6E:34EA:3A6B 21:39, 29 April 2018 (UTC)Thanks.
Hello Alaa, I've been working on Linter cleanups across many projects under my bot account (User:Fluxbot) - I've had a bot flag request open at frwikisource (https://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Bots#Fluxbot request) for over a year without action. This project has exactly one bureaucrat who ignores all messages I've left on their talk page. If I request at Steward_requests/Bot_status will this be denied because the local community is capable of acting? Thanks for checking. — xaosflux Talk 15:47, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hello @Xaosflux: It's a weird thing, especially this user is active daily! Generally, I sent a reminder on his talk page in fr.wikisource and I see that he is active since 21 minutes in en.wikisource, so I sent to him there also. If there's no response, I'll take a step forward. Best --Alaa :)..! 16:00, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Xaosflux: as you see me and @Linedwell: try with this user without any benefit, the user active no and not respond to our notes --Alaa :)..! 09:55, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
- FYI, frwikisource decided to approve the task - thank you for your assistance. — xaosflux Talk 02:10, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
- @Xaosflux: Fantastic, good luck. Thanks for @Linedwell: also --Alaa :)..! 12:51, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Food
Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here.--Abhinav619 (talk) 15:58, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
Hi, I'm LightandDark2000. I found a sleeper account of the cross-wiki LTA ROXELANA22, which hasn't been locked yet. Can you please Globally Lock the account? I've left a report at m:SRG - the ROXELANA22 report is near the top of the Global (un)lock list. Thank you. LightandDark2000 (talk) 01:09, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
- Hello @LightandDark2000: I see your request, but it's created since 5 years ago, without any edit, so there's no signal evidence to confirm the relation. Unless it blocked in en.wiki as a sleeper for ROXELANA22 --Alaa :)..! 09:53, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
- The account has now been locally blocked on en.wikipedia as a Sleeper Account. (And by the way, ROXELANA22 is currently the only person who uses that naming pattern, according to searches in the User Account Creation log.) LightandDark2000 (talk) 00:55, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
Pages on cu.wiki
Please, delete next pages:
Because it's created by Liza Veniza LTA's socks for insulting and send threats in Russian. Marshmallych 06:45, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
- Do not delete Incnis Mrsi's talk on cu.wiki, because the edit, where I marked the page to a speedy deletion, was reverted. Marshmallych 07:05, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
- Done as it's a small community and the sysop inactive (appear it not respond to requests). General note, if there's any active sysop on anywiki we can't delete files/pages there --Alaa :)..! 09:50, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
And delete, please, this page in ru.wikibooks:
It got a threats to Russia in Finnish langauge. Marshmallych 03:44, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- I need help. Recently, I am retired in en.wiki because Chrissymad vandalised my article. What to do with him? Marshmallych 13:58, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Hello @Marshmallych: I think you should talk with Chrissymad directly in his/your talk page, if there's no solution you can open a section on Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard. You know as a steward we can't do anything! --Alaa :)..! 14:07, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Marshmallych I did not vandalize anything. This is nothing more than promotional material and does not belong on the English Wikipedia. If you wish to discuss this further, do so on the same project. Attempting to involve a steward in a content dispute is not good practice. Chrissymad (talk) 14:12, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
Hello Alaa I'm user:virajmishra i have requested to global unlock but ruslik0 not unlocking my account..but i have accepted my mistake and my behavior. Im very very sorry. Please give me a only one chance. Please Alaa. Thank you very much brother. 2405:204:E601:CC75:C2A9:58C3:93CC:A4FB 17:08, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
thecreativejanet global lock
Hi, Why did you lock my account? I thought I forgot my password but what on earth is this? I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but why would you do that? 184.108.40.206 15:32, 9 May 2018 (UTC)jane
- (talk page stalker) @220.127.116.11: see User talk:علاء/Archive_2 #18.104.22.168_and_22.214.171.124. One Thecreativejanet had a mishap to edit Wikipedia via the same node of cybercrime networks as a dangerous cross-wiki abuser. Incnis Mrsi (talk) 16:48, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- @Stryn: can you talk a look at here, probably I'm wrong? --Alaa :)..! 18:42, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
(talk page stalker) What do you intend to check, guys? Peterc47/Ven0m2014 is a Russian-speaking copyvioman—not a vandal—with presumedly poor command of English (copyvio not counted) and obsession with Naomi Watts. Ven0m2014 just creates new socks when previous went locked and goes to edit war without deliberation. Thecreativejanet is a good English speaker with neither copyvio nor cinema among wiki interests. Thecreativejanet presumedly came here to complain about the lost account and does not have a record of edit warring. The only visible relation between the two is the URLZone malware. I explicitly asked Alaa to consult with en.Wikipedians which he apparently did not. I reported the case to one en.Wikipedia admin, but he is not interested. Incnis Mrsi (talk) 19:20, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- Look on Thecreativejanet contributions on English Wikipedia, I don't think that Thecreativejanet are related to Ven0m2014. SA 13 Bro (talk) 19:40, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
@Gotole and Thecreativejanet: after talking with @Vituzzu: I unlocked both accounts, but please stop using open proxies in order to avoid similar problems in the future. Thanks a lot --Alaa :)..! 20:13, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
Hello, this is Cruizir editing, not Hafizh.
The email for this account is not confirmed so i must send you this on your talk page. Please get in contact with the account operator, make it so he can successfully change his password, and remove the IP/password from his user page and oversight all revisions with it. Thanks, Hafizh Ahmeed (talk) 00:45, 10 May 2018 (UTC) (Cruizir)
More Mhsohaib socks
Hi Alaa, Special:CentralAuth/Memate bas and Special:CentralAuth/Akandje are confirmed socks to eachother by Courcelles on en.wiki, and are behavioral matches to Special:CentralAuth/Mhsohaib. They are not socking on ar.wiki, but they have started to sock on Wikidata. I'm not sure if they qualify for a lock because of cross-wiki socking, but I thought I would let you know since the master is an ar.wiki user, and they are socking on a Wikidata, a project without CheckUsers. TonyBallioni (talk) 23:22, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
- @TonyBallioni: Thanks. I'll take a look again to see if arwiki CUs changed there minds about Mhsohaib situation --Alaa :)..! 09:51, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
Hello again @TonyBallioni: yesterday I sent to Mhsohaib a strict warning in ar.wiki, this include (if he made a new sock, I'll block his account in ar.wiki, then lock it), then he give me a promise (Hello, Allah willing, consider the problem finished and I will not use English Wikipedia again). So, if he create any new sock, then notify me, please --Alaa :)..! 13:48, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you, A'laa. I need to check with a CU on en.wiki about this, but will get back to you. TonyBallioni (talk) 14:10, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator board
You have listed yourself as an active Tech Ambassador, thank you for that!
We have recently set up a board on Phabricator so that you can learn about tasks and updates that are potentially interesting for your community, and take action when necessary. During the pilot phase we are currently in, to avoid confusion, only Wikimedia Foundation's Community Liaisons will mark tasks so that they end up in the various columns. Thanks for your understanding!
Please follow this Phabricator board (learn how to). You'll receive "notifications" for updates in all tasks listed there. In case you choose to receive them as email; we currently expect the volume to be fairly low, but in any case you can learn how to manage it.
If you have any feedback about this board, please leave your questions and comments on the Ambassadors talk page.