National-level Wikipedia Education Program review workshop conducted at Christ UniversityEdit
Participants in the event
On 18 and 19 March 2016 a two-day long national-level Wikipedia Education Program (WEP) review workshop was conducted at Christ University. Faculty members and students from the following educational institutions participated in the event:
- Christ University, Bangalore,
- St. Aloysius College, Mangalore,
- Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada,
- Krantijyoti Savitribai Phule Women's Studies Centre, Pune.
The objectives of the workshop were:
- understanding structural and other challenges and attempt to address those;
- sharing learnings with CIS-A2K and other educational institutions;
- based on the learnings, planning the upcoming year’s program design
The first day of the workshop was divided into these main sessions:
- Inauguration: The workshop was inaugurated. Anil J Pinto, registrar of Christ University welcomed all the participants behalf of the university.
- Introduction to WEP and design of WEP from A2K: in this session the structure, design and goals of WEP were revisited;
- Presentations by the WEP partner institutions: The faculty members and the students of a few partner institutions presented their institutions’ WEP program reports;
- Wikimedia Projects in Classroom and Reviewing of WEP program: Wikimedia Projects in Classroom and the best practices, in accordance to the vision of WMF, were discussed;. This was followed by reviewing of the WEP program. The participants discussed the challenges and difficulties they were facing and some of the things which went wrong or could be done in a better way.
. . . Continue reading
- BHASHA-Indian Languages Digital Festival (Organized by news media YourStory; March 11, 2016; New Delhi). Subhashish Panigrahi gave a talk in the panel “The challenges of making regional language content available on the Web and on mobiles.