|A ChatGPT joke about Phabricator: Why did the developer bring a ladder to the Phabricator meeting? Because they heard it was the best way to reach those high-priority tasks!|
Test the Incident Reporting System Minimum Testable Product in Beta edit
Editors are invited to test an initial Minimum Testable Product (MTP) for the Incident Reporting System.
The Trust & Safety Product team has created a basic product version enabling a user to file a report from the talk page where an incident occurs.
Note: This product version is for learning about filing reports to a private email address (e.g., email@example.com or an Admin group). This doesn't cover all scenarios, like reporting to a public noticeboard.
Your feedback is needed to determine if this starting approach is effective.
2. Next, click on the overflow button (vertical ellipsis) near the Reply link of any comment to open the overflow menu and click Report (see slide 1). You can also use the Report link in the Tools menu (see slide 2).
3. Proceed to file a report, fill the form and submit. An email will be sent to the Trust and Safety Product team, who will be the only ones to see your report. Please note this is a test and so do not use it to report real incidents.
4. As you test, ponder these questions:
- What do you think about this reporting process? Especially what you like/don’t like about it?
- If you are familiar with extensions, how would you feel about having this on your wiki as an extension?
- Which issues have we missed at this initial reporting stage?
5. Following your test, please leave your feedback on the talk page.
If you can't find the overflow menu or Report links, please ensure that:
If DiscussionTools doesn’t load, a report can be filed from the Tools menu.If you can't file a second report, please note that there is a limit of 1 report per day for non-confirmed users and 5 reports per day for autoconfirmed users. These requirements before testing help to reduce the possibility of malicious users abusing the system.