This is an effort to collect information about a specific kind of spambot. Their pattern is: creating a userpage with a short introduction, then <br><br>, and a link to (a page linking to) the actual spam. See here on enwikiversity for example (link only for users with undelete permission). They attempt to appear like real/human users. Sometimes, they also create a spam page in the main namespace. They've recently started spamming in other languages than English (e.g., Spanish), and there have been a few who spammed on multiple wiki's.
Please feel free to edit this page.
Discussions and investigationsEdit
- SRCU 19 Jan 2013
- SRCU 22 Jan 2013
- SRCU 25 Jan 2013
- SRCU 28 Jan 2013
- SRCU 4/5 Feb 2013
- SRCU 15/16 Feb 2013
- See /Links for an incomplete overview.
- See also
- pt:q:Special:AbuseFilter/7, pt:Special:AbuseFilter/8
- commons:Special:AbuseFilter/112, commons:Special:AbuseFilter/113, commons:Special:AbuseFilter/131, commons:Special:AbuseFilter/193
- id:b:Special:Abusefilter/5, id:q:Special:Abusefilter/1, id:wikt:Special:Abusefilter/4, pt:v:Special:abusefilter/1
- mw:Special:AbuseFilter/22 and mw:Special:AbuseFilter/24
- Special:AbuseFilter/72 (test)