একটি কফি বিরতি নিই এবং অবদান রাখি #1lib1ref। এখানে কিভাবে!
তথ্য বাস্তুসংস্থানে উইকিপিডিয়ার অঅবস্থান জানুন #1lib1ref কফি বিরতির মাধ্যমে।আপনার সহকর্মীরা একত্রিত হয়ে কীভাবে উইকিপিডিয়ার #1lib1ref অবদান রাখতে হয় তা শিখুন। দলগতভাবে কাজ করলে উইকপিডিয়ায় অবদান রাখা অনেক সহজতর হয়। এই নির্দেশিকা ৪৫-৯০ মিনিটের "কফি বিরতি"তে #1lib1ref কর্মশালা সম্পন্ন করার জন্য প্রয়োজনীয় সাহায্য সহযোগিতা প্রাপ্তিতে নকশাকৃত।
A few weeks before the event
- Choose a date and time for the event
- Reserve a space and equipment if relevant (extra laptops and a projector are always useful)
- If you don’t have Wikipedia experience, you can reach out to find local Wikipedians who can assist. Ask for help at on the Wikipedia and Libraries Facebook Group
- Create a public announcement for your event and list it here
- Start to publicize your event among your colleagues
One week before the event
- Pull together editing and research resources
- Arrange refreshments if you want
- Prepare signage and handouts
- Send out event reminders
- Tweet about your plans using the #1lib1ref hashtag
- Important: There is a limit on the number of Wikipedia accounts that can be created from one location or IP address per day (normally 6). To get around this, you have several possibilities:
At the event
- Welcome and introductions (2-3 minutes)
- Basics of editing Wikipedia (10-20 minutes)
- Open editing (20-30 minutes)
- If possible, have experienced editors circulate to answer questions and troubleshoot problems. Otherwise, be ready to learn together as a group or partner-up for editing help
- [Optional] Open discussion (15-30 minutes)
- How does Wikipedia interact with the library profession?
- Could you imagine teaching your patrons about Wikipedia? How can we teach other skills with Wikipedia, such as digital or information literacy?
- What different kinds of knowledge does Wikipedia try to share?
- What are the misunderstandings that library patrons likely have about Wikipedia? What could help patrons better understand research in the context of Wikipedia?
- What were the easiest parts of adding references to Wikipedia? What was challenging? How could the challenging parts be made easier?
- What kinds of topics appear to be missing or underrepresented? How could you add knowledge relevant to your work and communities of practice?
- Wrap-up (2-3 minutes)
- Please take pictures of the event, and share them on social media using the hashtag #1lib1ref.
- Share the #1lib1ref hashtag, and a link to 1lib1ref.org during the event and on your materials.
After the event
- Record outcomes as much as possible: how many attendees, how many articles edited, etc. Outcomes help make the case for funding, future activities, and are a great way to share with others what you did and why your work mattered!
- Make sure to share what you did social media under the hashtag #1lib1ref and at the events page. Social media and the events page provide the main ways we are tracking the event and help organizers report outcomes.
- If you publish a blog post, or see coverage of your event in other venues, please share the link at on the #1lib1ref Press page
- If the event created interest among your colleagues, consider planning more editing events around your institution's collections. An editathons is an editing event focused on a certain theme or topic. Learn more on how to run editathons.