This page documents a process of the WMF Project and Event Grants program. Return to the Grants:PEG page at any time for more information!
Please do not edit this page. If you have a suggestion, please create a discussion page.
This stage begins when you have a great idea and begin considering a grant from WMF.
- Develop your idea
- Develop and discuss your great idea in the IdeaLab.
- Consider a grant
- If your project needs funding, learn more about the WMF grants programs and decide if one of the programs is right for you. Contact grants at wikimedia dot org to discuss your ideas with the grants team!
- Review eligibility criteria and criteria for a decision
- Before or after a decision is made, WMF may need to determine if you are eligible to receive funding or to submit a request. You should review the eligibility criteria for your program when you are deciding if you should submit a request, and also review the criteria that WMF or the committee will use to decide whether or not to fund your request.
- Request funding
- Submit your grant request by your program's deadline (if applicable) using your program's instructions for requesting funds.