Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- File descriptions for files from Commons were not shown properly on other Wikimedia wikis for a few days. For example the image descriptions and license information were missing. This has now been fixed. 
- Some diffs show an error message when you try to see them. The developers are working on fixing it. It could be because of some edit comments. 
Pakeitimai šią savaitę
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 21 Gegužė. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 22 Gegužė. It will be on all wikis from 23 Gegužė (calendar).
- You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on 22 Gegužė at 15:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- The content translation tool on Wikipedia can use machine translations. There is a system to stop translations where the editors do not fix machine translation mistakes. This warns or stops them if they seem to just copy what the machine translation gives them. If this system is too strict or not strict enough you can tell the language team. 
- The Wikidata
wbeditentity API endpoint will remove all aliases if the request includes an empty alias. This is how it supposed to work. It has not been working this way because of a bug. This will start on 12 June. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.