The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe, contribute and give feedback.
|precedent||2014, setmana 40 (diluns 29 setembre 2014)||seguent|
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Darrièrs cambiaments del logicial
- On Commons, you can now see what files are most used across all wikis. You can also see the same list for deleted or uncreated files.  
- There are now many more translations for language names. 
Cambiaments del logicial aquesta setmana
- The new version of MediaWiki (1.25wmf1) is on test wikis and MediaWiki.org since September 25. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis on September 30, and on all Wikipedias on October 2 (calendar).
- Errors from Scribunto (Lua) are now shown on the page. Before, you had to click on "Script error" to see them.  
- You can add an "autovalue" for a field in TemplateData. When users add the template to a page, the value will be added automatically. An example is when a clean-up template shows the date it was added. 
- If you change a user preference but don't save it, it now asks if you want to save it.  
- The PDF export tool has changed. The new one has better language support but it doesn't offer ZIM and EPUB formats. 
- You can watch a video showing Phabricator, the new tool to track bugs. You can also read more about the move from Bugzilla.
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.