Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Darrièrs cambiaments del logicial
- The latest version of MediaWiki (1.24wmf3) was added to test wikis and MediaWiki.org on May 1. It will be added to non-Wikipedia wikis on May 6, and all Wikipedias on May 8 (calendar).
- The Compact Personal Bar was added as a beta feature to test wikis and MediaWiki.org on May 1. It will be added as a beta feature to non-Wikipedia wikis on May 6, and to all Wikipedias on May 8. To test it, you can enable it now in your preferences on MediaWiki.org. 
- It is now easier to disable the CodeEditor tool. 
Nòvas de l’EditorVisual
- External links in VisualEditor are now in the same light blue color as in MediaWiki. 
- The template tool now tells you if a parameter is obsolete. 
- You can now add "suggested" parameters in TemplateData; VisualEditor will add them like required ones. 
- There is a new type for TemplateData parameters:
wiki-file-name for file names. 
- Editing formulae in VisualEditor will soon be enabled for all users.  
- You will soon be able to try a new beta feature to edit text in another language.  
Cambiaments venents del logicial
- MediaViewer will be enabled for all users on the Japanese (ja), Portuguese (pt), Spanish (es), Swedish (sv) and Telugu (te) Wikipedias on May 8. Feedback is welcome. 
- You can help translate about 100 new language names that have been added to our data source. They are used, for example, as hover text for interwiki links. Send an e-mail to Nemo if you want to help.
- If you click on a redirect page in your watchlist, you will soon access the redirect itself.  
- For about 40 minutes around 00:20 UTC on April 29, there were problems with page loading due to high server load.
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by MediaWiki message delivery • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.