The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe and contribute.
|previous||2013, week 24 (Monday 10 June 2013)||next|
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes.
- Recent software changes
- (Not all changes will affect you.)
- The latest version of MediaWiki (1.22/wmf6) was added to test wikis and MediaWiki.org on June 6, and to non-Wikipedia wikis on June 10. It will be enabled on all Wikipedias on June 13. 
- An alpha version of the VisualEditor was enabled on all Wikipedias on June 6. Please test it and report problems. 
- Several VisualEditor bugs have been fixed; users can now add, edit and remove categories using the editor's "Page settings" menu.
- The logo of 16 Wikipedias was changed to version 2.0 in a fourth group of updates. 
- A test instance of Wikidata is now available at test.wikidata.org. 
- Users can now patrol the first version of a newly created page if they visit it from Special:NewPages or Special:RecentChanges. 
- Translation pages will no longer include edit section links (bug #40713). 
- Future software changes
- A report on mobile upload errors was published, and software changes to reduce their number will come soon. 
- A request for comments on updating MediaWiki to use RDFa version 1.1 was started on MediaWiki.org (Gerrit change #67608).
- Wikimedia error messages will no longer link to the #wikipedia IRC channel on Freenode. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by Global message delivery • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.