Interested in updating the main pageEdit
An update to the main language portal has been recently discussed at the English Wikibooks' staff lounge. (See sections titled Wikibooks language portal and Addendum to Wikibooks language portal.) I and another user are interested in updating the page with an image like unto the one on the Wikipedia language portal. I edited the test page. I made the sizing 240x50 so that it would be a bit taller. Any comments are welcome. — Iamunknown 07:04, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
I Think it would be good. Gubb
- How can we see the result? Effeietsanders 11:59, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- There are two ways:
- Follow the instructions at /temp
- Make a .html file on your computer, copy and paste the text into it, and view it in your browser
- I think either of these should work. If not, please ask for clarification! — Iamunknown 19:49, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- I thinks it's all ok! :) However, i thought you need to update the modules #... an exemple, the portuguese project has 3000+ modules, not 2400+...--Lightningspirit 23:36, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
- We do need to update the portal. And this is now where to do it. (I think it used to be on the English Wikibooks.) I'll try to find how many modules each project has, update them, and then ask an admin.
- Also, has anyone else noticed that a simple search in the searchbox, in any language, at http://www.wikibooks.org/ directs you to Wikipedia, not Wikibooks, in that language? I bet that'll have to be taken to the developers.
- And finally, I wish that this process was both more well-known and more streamlined. It took me forever to find this page and, as you all can see, it is taking a while to coordinate updating it. I think it might be nice to establish a central Wikibooks Embassy or something to that effect. But in the meantime, thanks for coming here — Iamunknown 06:45, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
- There are two ways:
I updated the stats from the Wikibooks around the circle (de, en, es, fr, he, hu it, nl, pl, pt). I tried to get the right numbers, but correct me if I'm wrong. I also moved the Japanese Wikibooks to the +1,000 category because it is there now. And finally, I moved all the other Wikibooks around to alphabetically organise them by their ISO code. What needs to be done, though, that has not yet been done, is to add the new Wikibooks to +100 that are not already there ... and clean up on anything I missed or messed up on — Iamunknown 07:44, 6 January 2007 (UTC)