Talk:Wikimedia LGBT User Group October 2019
LGBTIQ events on the francophone wikipedia (project les sans pagEs) : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Les_sans_pagEs/Ateliers_Lestime and https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Les_sans_pagEs/ConcoursContinuum2018 Nattes à chat (talk) 18:01, 7 October 2019 (UTC)
Queering Wikipedia Conference updatesEdit
Hi all, First, I want to apologize on behalf of Thomas, Magdalena and I for not being very present in the meetings to brief you with the updates regarding the conference. So since we applied for the grant, here is what happened:
- The foundation got back to us with this feedback and questions that we answered.
According to them, we are supposed to get a final answer by the end of October, and probably even a bit earlier (mid October). So let's keep our fingers crossed.
- We have received the support of a local NGO in Linz that helps people organize greener and more eco-friendly events: They are offering us 500 Eruos donation to support us with the process of making it more green. Maxdalenareiter can share more info regarding this as she is well informed.
- We also received a suggestion from a local in Linz to offer free accomodation for some of our participants: It's basically a coushsurfing service for intersex and trans people who visit Linz, but they want to help us!
- I met with the ED of Wikimedia CH recently and she is very excited about the project, and she is suggesting to invite a high level officer from the United Nations high Commissioner for Humans rights based in Geneva (she knows him), to give a talk or participate in a panel, and see how we can benefit from the partnership that foundation set recently with them during Wikimania.
- The scholarships team started recently their discussions regarding the criterias and our prioprities regarding who we want to support to come, and as I can see, Fae just reached out to you for more details and consultancy about it.
- I had a brief discussion with Another believer about the idea of hosting a WikiLovesPride contest during December, where the winner (top contributor), can get a full scholarship to participate in the conference. But that's just an idea that we didn't to discuss further before making sure if we het the grant or not.
- The sponsor in Linz who is offering the venue for free is suggesting an acitivity during or before the conference (like an editathon or a serie of talks maybe), for the locals of Linz. The only issue is with our availability for that. But that's also to discuss.
- I recently met Katherine Maher, the ED of the foundation, during the Strategy meeting and invited her to the event, and she is very excited about it. Yet, she will have to check her agenda and see if she can make it.
I guess that's everything for now. Nothing much concretely happened. We are still having some informal brainstorming talks while waiting for the foundation's approval. Please feel free to reach out to me for any other question or remark. --Kawayashu (talk) 21:05, 7 October 2019 (UTC)