This talk page contains the archived discussions concerning Proposal J that may no longer apply to the current proposal. New discussion should be added directly to the proposal page itself. Thank you. Complete proposal details are available, also.
Previous Discussion Edit
- I like the idea you're going for here, and I like the rest of the proposal you've set out. I think you've tried very hard here to make the book look at least somewhat realistic, but I think that's the wrong approach here. This is a logo, not a photo :) So instead of having the pages waving like they would in real life, simplify the design to use straight lines and very simple curves - very geometric. You want something simple enough to be drawn by hand, so aim for a design that evokes pages blowing in the wind, but which doesn't actually draw them out like this. In general, though, this is a good concept, and I look forward to seeing it further developed. – Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 01:56, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think that the wavy pages are a problem. IMHO the logo is simple enough, and the favicon is good. It looks good! --Pietrodn · talk with me 18:20, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- It looks also as rising sun (and in my language (lithuanian) education is the same word as "lighting" :)
- The sunrise version is one of my two favorites --lusth
- I really, really like this one. And I agree - the pages waving isn't a problem, in my opinion. And the sunrise would perhaps make a great variation for Wikijunior or suchlike? Regards, --Celestianpower (wp, wikt, books) 21:53, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- This is my second favorite, behind the calligraphy version above. Philippe 01:34, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- Favicon is one of the best so far, I also like the original. The sunrise is a little un-logo-like. ST47 21:06, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- This is my favourite. Especially the one with sunset colours. But honestly why does this vote take so bloody long? --(Xania from Wikibooks English) 22.214.171.124 00:05, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Better without the sun. Not as good as (n4), (n7), or (a+u). Webaware talk 01:57, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- p is dull, not 3d and not good. With the sunrise colours is suddenly comes to life and has a double meaning. I hope the sunrise goes through, but p is dropped. SunCreator 14:11, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
- like the first one, not so many colors in it, but the pages moving, i don't know..., may be too much detail.--Afa86 17:20, 19 April 2008 (UTC)
- This, the calligraphy with modifications, and the a+b version of the first one are all good - I like the vividness of this one and the grace of the lines.
- I like this one very mutch. It's simple and cool.
- I like the one on the right best. Very nice design. --126.96.36.199 19:57, 14 August 2008 (UTC)