This talk page contains the archived discussions concerning Proposal J that may no longer apply to the current proposal. New discussion should be added directly to the proposal page itself. Thank you. Complete proposal details are available, also.
- I like the idea you're going for here, and I like the rest of the proposal you've set out. I think you've tried very hard here to make the book look at least somewhat realistic, but I think that's the wrong approach here. This is a logo, not a photo :) So instead of having the pages waving like they would in real life, simplify the design to use straight lines and very simple curves - very geometric. You want something simple enough to be drawn by hand, so aim for a design that evokes pages blowing in the wind, but which doesn't actually draw them out like this. In general, though, this is a good concept, and I look forward to seeing it further developed. – Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 01:56, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think that the wavy pages are a problem. IMHO the logo is simple enough, and the favicon is good. It looks good! --Pietrodn · talk with me 18:20, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- It looks also as rising sun (and in my language (lithuanian) education is the same word as "lighting" :)
- The sunrise version is one of my two favorites --lusth
- I really, really like this one. And I agree - the pages waving isn't a problem, in my opinion. And the sunrise would perhaps make a great variation for Wikijunior or suchlike? Regards, --Celestianpower (wp, wikt, books) 21:53, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- This is my second favorite, behind the calligraphy version above. Philippe 01:34, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- Favicon is one of the best so far, I also like the original. The sunrise is a little un-logo-like. ST47 21:06, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- This is my favourite. Especially the one with sunset colours. But honestly why does this vote take so bloody long? --(Xania from Wikibooks English) 188.8.131.52 00:05, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Better without the sun. Not as good as (n4), (n7), or (a+u). Webaware talk 01:57, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- p is dull, not 3d and not good. With the sunrise colours is suddenly comes to life and has a double meaning. I hope the sunrise goes through, but p is dropped. SunCreator 14:11, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
- like the first one, not so many colors in it, but the pages moving, i don't know..., may be too much detail.--Afa86 17:20, 19 April 2008 (UTC)
- This, the calligraphy with modifications, and the a+b version of the first one are all good - I like the vividness of this one and the grace of the lines.
- I like this one very mutch. It's simple and cool.
- I like the one on the right best. Very nice design. --184.108.40.206 19:57, 14 August 2008 (UTC)