Talk:Steward requests/Username changes
|This is not the correct place to request a username change. Please see Steward requests/Username changes if you would like to request a username change.|
My request for user-name changeEdit
Note: the request (that has been declined) is to change a user name that is in Hebrew, I hope that this is the right place to discuss it...
To make a long story short:
- Years ago I created an account in Hebrew Wikipedia, with my real name as the user name (יוסי גלס).
- Shortly after that I decided that I prefer to use a nickname and asked to change the user name to יוסי האדום.
- Recently I wanted to change back (getting older, I want it to be easier for my kids to find my page :)
- I wanted to explain why I want the change, therefore (thinking that the change is done by humans who can read Hebrew), I wrote in the "new name" field "אנא קראו את הבקשה" (which means: 'please read my request').
- The bot that got it changed my user name to this... So my user name now is 'please read my request' :(
- Can you change it to "יוסי גלס", please?
- @אנא קראו את הבקשה: Don't worry we can fix this. But when I checked the history of renames on your account I could not find that you were re-named from יוסי גלס to יוסי האדום.
- Further on search I found that sulutil:יוסי גלס already registered and have 21 edits. So if it was your account just login with it and sign here to confirm. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 02:15, 10 November 2020 (UTC)
- @1997kB I don't remember the mail address that I used to create יוסי גלס. I did it many years ago. It was before I had my gmail account. But this was my account: all the pages prefixed by יוסי גלס are mine --אנא קראו את הבקשה 16:29, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
- @אנא קראו את הבקשה: For the rename you need to confirm ownership by some means. So we can't do much if you are unable to confirm that it was your account. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 16:34, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
- @1997kB I just checked the account "יוסי גלס". If you look at https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%A9%D7%99%D7%97%D7%AA_%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%AA%D7%9E%D7%A9:%D7%99%D7%95%D7%A1%D7%99_%D7%92%D7%9C%D7%A1#%D7%A2%D7%91%D7%A8_%D7%9C%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%AA%D7%9E%D7%A9:%D7%99%D7%95%D7%A1%D7%99_%D7%94%D7%90%D7%93%D7%95%D7%9D you will see that the user name was changed to "יוסי האדום".
- And as I wrote above, I asked to change "יוסי האדום" back to "יוסי גלס". So I just want to revert the change that was made ~15 years ago. I hope that this makes sense... --אנא קראו את הבקשה (talk) 17:43, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
- @יוסי האדום: That note on talk page is added by you and I also can not find any rename info in local logs, so I can not find that it was your old name. Also I have renamed you back to your old username. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 04:54, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
- @1997kB OK. Thanks much for your help! --יוסי האדום 11:08, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
- @1997kB BTW, can you check if the user "יוסי גלס" has an email address associated with it? Since I ams ure that I changed the name to "יוסי האדום", it shouldn't have an email address, right? --יוסי האדום (talk) 17:22, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
- @יוסי האדום: If your username was changed then there should be no account at all. About the email address, I think Martin Urbanec can help us out. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 15:26, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- I can technically access that data, but I can't really publish it (it's confidential). As far as I can see, יוסי_גלס is an account that still exists, and was created in August 2006. If you can access that account, then you can view the data in your preferences. If you can't, I'm afraid we cannot help you with figuring that out. Martin Urbanec (talk) 23:32, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
My username (locked globally on all wikis) changed to something more polite for the seriousity of the subject-argument I was mostly involved inEdit
Hello, I am blocked on all wikis (it doesn't even let me login), but still I try to have my username changed (I already tried months ago, and I think the reason it wasn't done was that I was blocked).
The issue is that my user and talk pages at wikimedia and wikipedia report my username which is SuperSucker, while I wanted it to be changed to something more casual. The fact that it's about suck is almost ridiculous since the subject-argument I was mostly involved in is male and female suicide. Very weird.
All I could do in the past was to sign my uploads with another username I would prefer (SuperPark).
Nonetheless, my talk pages at wikimedia and wikipedia report information of myself and such is quite twisted in my opinion, on the same line. I don't want anymore to show so much personal involvement with a picture of myself. I believe the subject-argument so serious demands the opposite of a personification of myself. Nevertheless, I'm worried about the personal involvement I publicly depict showing both the information on the languages I speak (babel information) and how I look. I feel as in real life this has taken me to confront a form of character assassination, given the "intesity" of the subject-argument, suicide, it's understandable.
Please would you help me in this regard then?
In the last couple of days I tried to remove babel information and images myself but I was reverted, probably because I can't prove it's me SuperSucker. I still possess the email I used to register the username SuperSucker so I could prove it's me if you need.
To be clear, I also uploaded works in the subject-argument of history since mid-2018 (almost a year after I began uploading on suicide) but those were only updates consisting of very small modifications, nothing that required the work I had put into the files on suicide, from scratch. The number of files I uploaded on history/miscellaneous subjects is probably less than 10%, the rest are all on suicide and so many made from zero.
So I am requesting:
- my username to be changed to SuperPark
- the babel information and the images on my wikimedia and wikipedia talk pages to be removed
Excuse me if this is the wrong message board. 2A02:C7F:982E:7900:F4A8:F8A0:B129:45CC 06:48, 17 November 2020 (UTC)