|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in August 2017, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
|This section is for completed requests that a website be blacklisted|
Copied across from w:en:MediaWiki talk:Spam-blacklist#icdst.org and dl.icdst.org by Jytdog. List of IPs copied on good faith from Jytdog's report, a quick sample shows it to be the same w:en:WP:REFSPAM as the earlier incident, with poorly detailed references and no attribution to the original source of the documents.
The user was indef blocked by Boing! said Zebedee for spamming this on enwiki on 7 June 2017. In addition to the spamming, I had concerns at the time that some of the links may additionally be copyvios (but not all of them). He's back, block evading, IP hopping, and edit warring to try to promote his site.
- Added addition continues, and the removal here without discussion is not reassuring. — billinghurst sDrewth 08:11, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
Norton security suite reported an intrusion attempt, in particular, "Fake Tech Support Solution Website 34", when clicking on a link to www.heritage-history.com from the Wikidata item giving the place of death of Isaac Newton. I already removed the link from Wikidata. Jc3s5h (talk) 14:07, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
Update: I tried again just now, and my Firefox browser will not connect, stating "Your connection is not secure. The owner of www.heritage-history.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website." Upon clicking the "Advanced" button the browser reports "www.heritage-history.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for *.secure.hostingprod.com"
This raises the suspicion in my mind that the former owners of the domain have lost control of it. In order to defend myself from computer attacks, I am unwilling to investigate further. I believe we are justified in scrubbing www.heritage-history.com from all sites run by the Wikimedia Foundation. Jc3s5h (talk) 13:02, 4 August 2017 (UTC)
- i don't see any requirement to blacklist based on your report. — billinghurst sDrewth 02:52, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- I emailed the owner of the site alerting them of the reported problem. He responded that they had noticed a change in the website behavior and had contacted their hosting company for support. In the mean time, they've replaced the site with a "Down For Maintenance" page. -- Thinking of England (talk) 18:34, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- @Jc3s5h: Declined managed by other means, not inherently dangerous — billinghurst sDrewth 06:13, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
|This section is for archiving proposals that a website be unlisted.|
Hi. I saw this website in blacklist and description says that this is an old website. But it's not, they reconstructed it and now it's an official website of Post of Russia. And I still don't get why this website got blocked?InterWall (talk) 09:40, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
Troubleshooting and problems
|This section is for archiving Troubleshooting and problems.|
|This section is for archiving Discussions.|
- It is used at numerous sites without blacklisting. How do you see that it sits within the criteria for meta admins for us to add? — billinghurst sDrewth 03:01, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- The xwiki report shows it has been added by administrator and other trusted users on other wikis. If it problematic at enWP, it may need to be locally managed. — billinghurst sDrewth 12:49, 5 August 2017 (UTC)