|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in November 2011, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
|This section is for completed requests that a website be blacklisted|
- Added--Vituzzu 10:38, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- URL shortener. PcTalk 23:25, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
rdd.me, hea.pe, min.bz
URL shorteners. Trijnstel 16:18, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Trijnstel 16:18, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Courcelles 21:52, 8 November 2011 (UTC)
- See the report on the stewards vandalism report board. Courcelles 01:19, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Courcelles 01:20, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Two more, just like the above. Courcelles 01:22, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Courcelles 01:22, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Found some more, just like the above. Courcelles 01:28, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Courcelles 01:28, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Three more, per above. Trijnstel 11:45, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Trijnstel 11:45, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- At least 2 more. They seem to share the server:
- Spam on strategywiki, same sockfarm as above. Courcelles 23:26, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Courcelles 23:26, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- Yep, again. Courcelles 22:52, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Courcelles 22:52, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- Being spammed a decent amout, possible socks. Courcelles 17:16, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Courcelles 17:18, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
360cities.net spam canvassing
Reference: discussion at w:Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Spam/2011_Archive_Nov_1#360cities.net
There is en-Wiki and crosswiki spamming evident at w:Wikipedia:WikiProject_Spam/LinkReports/360cities.net. More disturbing is active canvassing on 360cities.net itself: "Please feel free to add links to 360Cities on Wikipedia" offering contributors 100% of the ad revenue generated (see evidence in discussion referenced above).
While 360cities.net has been a useful link for external images in several articles, their attempt to generate revenue through crowdsourced Wiki links makes the site a spammer magnet.
I thought it best be proposed here first. If declined, I will add it to the en-Wiki local blacklist. Amatulic 23:51, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- Saw it on en.wikipedia as well. The canvassing does it. Added. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 09:43, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
A URL shortener. This was used earlier today on enwiki to link to a blacklisted attack site. Reach Out to the Truth 16:34, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Trijnstel 16:41, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
URL shortener. MER-C 11:57, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
- Added. --Trijnstel 13:32, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
|This section is for archiving proposals that a website be unlisted.|
I have a problem. A hyperlink to hippo-logos.com is blocked by the spam blacklist. I need http: // www.hippo-logos.com/main/component/option,com...0/.../gid,55/ as a reference in the article de:Hans Fellgiebel.
At the talk page of the german spam blacklist the user Nothere said to me, it is a problem with \blogos\.com\b on this spam blacklist. Can you help me, please? --Nordlicht8 21:53, 29 October 2011 (UTC)
- Comment link is indeed caught by \blogos\.com\b. Logos.com is blacklisted because the link has been spammed. I would suggest whitelisting locally. I hope an admin with more regex experience can sort the regex out so only logos.com is caught (www.logos.com could also be an option). EdBever 12:55, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
- Done. -- seth 11:47, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
in [karaj] >Higher education and research : i have a problem to replace this website ,instead of kpnuaa.vov.ir , because it looks like their official website is kpnuaa.co.cc (because of their email in persian part) , but its in blocklist?! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Abliv (talk) 21:07, 4 November 2011
- Declined. Link is not on the global blacklist.--EdBever 19:31, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- Removed. --Trijnstel 16:20, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
Please give me discussion once again. I think, that the website is OK now. I would like to ask you very kindly to remove it from your blacklist, if possible. ADIRE is a superior lawyer's office in Japan. Probably, it was abused. ADIRE is a reliable law office. ADIRE.COM is a reliable official site. I would like to add to wikipedia about Japan's famous lawyer. It is the office to which they belong. I think that it should be deleted from a blacklist.--タヌ吉 07:37, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- Declined. See previous discussion. The firm might be reliable, but the link has been spammed. You can request whitelisting at the wikiproject where you would like to use a link. --EdBever 08:32, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
I'm a high-volume established editor on the English Wikipedia, no connection to this site, I want to use it a ref for en:Hotel Arctic (Murmansk), particularly because it the page I want to use is in English.
There's nothing wrong with this site, it's a typical local news site, it was blacklisted because of one incident in 2007 where a COI editor inserted it in a score of articles. (In my opinion blacklisting it was quite a bit trigger-happy, since IIRC it was added as external links, which IMO external links in a town article to the town's newspaper or equivalent are fine, so who cares about COI which is not supposed to be a deal-killer, but whatever.)
- Here's the incident report: Wikipedia:WikiProject Spam/LinkReports/hibiny.ru
- Here's where the report was accepted.
- Removed. Putting ti back is a 90 second operation if we truly need to, but I'm willing to see if 2007's problems are in 2007. --Courcelles 17:37, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
I hope this formating is alright (sorry, i hardly use Wikipedia Markup). You list these pages under false claims. Half of these links have never been added in Wikipedia to begin with. Somebody simply added a bulk list of domains he knew that belong to us. Has there been a notification to us regarding these entries ? Never, we found out last year. Has there been a discussion ? Never, these are direct inserts with power abuse in Wikipedia (which we are able to prove). And so on... Question might be, what have these pages "youth" pages done to Wikipedia to get listed since how many years ? Has there been any issue with any other domain of us ever ? Actually i don´t think these will get removed in order push Wikia; but nobody should say i didn´t try a final time. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:05, 16 November 2011
Ah, the original discussion is Talk:Spam_blacklist/Archives/2006-01#animemanga.de.2C_bleach.de.2C_detektivconan.de.2C_.... To again take down the argument 'Somebody simply added a bulk list of domains he knew that belong to us' - it was requested by User:Fantasy, it was added by User:M7. So clearly not by the requester, and if you want to suggest that both are involved, that is a step too far.
- Note: diff "(Vandalismus)"
I think I have for now listed enough accounts and IPs who pushed this link over a very long period of time. You may be right that that was the only site but the fact that you care enough to push one link, and now complain that all are blacklisted shows where your interest lies. And do note, this is very, very common practice - when one pushes one link, one should not be surprised that all gets blacklisted.
Now, the report also states that "Since August 2004 we try to get the reason from the owner of this list why this links should be added to Wikipedia, except that the title of the domain is similar to a popular anime video, but he refuses discussions and just uses Usernames and IPs to add the links again." - I emphasise: "we try to get the reason". Now, you may see in the previous request as well that I asked something similar, why do you think these links should be added?
Notwithstanding - I suggest that you first talk to regulars on Wikipedia, and if they agree that this is removed, let one of them come here and request removal. This is until then simply Declined. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 15:40, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
So you agree that these other pages haven´t been in Wikipedia, but are being listed in the Wikimedia Blacklist since 2004 on the premise that everything related to one project gets blacklisted as well. It`s "common practise". And for confirmation, it was User Fantasy aka Joachim Kerschbaumer. The head of the first Wikimedia Germany Board. First he initialized certain "hate discussions" and after these entries had to be removed due their nature he got the pages under false claims within the blacklist. If you have certain rights here, you could actually do whatever you like in Wikipedia (at least back in the day). This M7 User was Italian user who couldn´t even read German :) He blindly followed the request (an easy way to avoid a discussion). And yes, he never contacted me or tried to. That is called a lie. Not to mention, every of these domains got a company info with email and phone records (a link on any pageview).
Anyway it is pretty easy to follow. Just look at the removed discussion for over "6 months" in "http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Anime". Why you think that got removed ? Coincidence that User Fantasy was the only opposition in this decision ? You might be able to view it with your rights. Therefore, there hasn´t been any spam, just one person with the necessary rights and the goal to do damage. During this "hate discussion" he denied any relatition to a certain competition that is currently in court on grounds of white collar crime. Today he works for them (right after he left Wikimedia). These are public facts. Its not even that Wikimedia Germany is denying this. They just claim that they are not "responsible" for it. Wikimedia USA is responsible.
But i am grateful, that we can clear this issue now on court till the end of the year as well if nessary and i can give our laywers in San Francisco the "go" for cease and desist letter in relation to slander. Of course with this page attached, where the site request just above this got removed on the basis of "2007's problems are in 2007". "2007's problems are in 2007" VS Mass blacklisting since 2004 based on "common practise". I really do love this; legaly speaking :) I tried it now excatly one year with reasoning and good will, but the damage is too great to wait any longer. Seriously... some "youth pages" between "spam redirectors" (and so on) and probably the only ".de" domains in the list that still exists :) That must be what Jimmy Wales had in mind when he founded Wikileaks :) — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
- Please, if you cannot respect other people, at least avoid useless sarcasm and refrain from making unnecessary legal threats. --M/ 17:21, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
- FYI 220.127.116.11 is an open proxy, a clear sign of good faith per common practice. --Vituzzu 14:23, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
I want to add a site link on the casino discuss page and got a message that this site is in blacklist. In fact, I don't think this site is a spam site because it is a casino guide website which supply different casino games websites for people. There are lots of various kinds of casino websites with detailed introduction and catagory of casino games. Meanwhile it supply the latest news about casino games everyday!— The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sidney.lohn (talk)
- Declinedprobably better handled on a per wiki basis, so please request from local sysops at the site of interest. billinghurst sDrewth 11:56, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
I have been told that this site was in blacklist for many abused by multiple accounts from the local sysops . Is there some ways to remove it from the blacklist? The site sysops told me that they tried to solve this problem but all in vain. I think that everyone is equal to have a chance to correct his error he made before. So it's a good time if there is a way to solve this problem.Thank you!— The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- 'I have been told that this site was in blacklist for many abused by multiple accounts from the local sysops ... sysops told me that they tried to solve this problem but all in vain' .. well, that is the point. If spammers do not listen, and the site is generally deemed not suitable, then it goes here. What guarantee do we have that this will not continue or restart, and what guarantee do we have that this site is useful for Wikipedia anyway. I would suggest that you see whether editors on local wikis consider this site of general use (then de-listing may be considered) or if there is just minimal, specific use (in which case I would suggest to just whitelist those links locally). Until then, Declined. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 10:30, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
Who was adding 56casino.com e.g. here: http://en.wikinews.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3AHot_56casino&diff=1064149&oldid=1064146
Now you come along:
with en:Special:Contributions/22.214.171.124 - edits to a betting site, and additions of:
- Also globally blacklisted
Do you understand what we are trying to do here, and do you understand what you seem to be doing here (and how that conflicts with what we are doing here?). --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 10:43, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your genuine suggestions and advices you have given and we will accept the suggestions and advices. We feel deeply sorry for the wrong deeds we did before and now we determine to make our website more useful.— The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
Troubleshooting and problems
|This section is for archiving Troubleshooting and problems.|
|This section is for archiving Discussions.|