|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in September 2010, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
|This section is for completed requests that a website be blacklisted|
Chinese powerlevelling spam
- Similar domains
"The secondary markets permits some players to better enjoy their gaming experience by supplementing their in-game assets"
NRV, pure spam. MER-C 09:05, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- As far as I could check it was en.wiki only? Huib talk Abigor 09:16, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Today I noticed COIBot giving the following remark:
- el:star channel http://el.wikipedia.org/?diff=2233876 el:USer:18.104.22.168 www.youporn.gr (monitor) User is adding redirectsite for automonitored domain sedoparking.com - ....
And I've seen those before. Now, youporn.gr might go on the blacklist for obvious reasons .. but ...
Domain Parking is a simple way to earn money from your domains' natural traffic. If you have registered domain names, but they are not currently being used, then domain parking is a great way to put those domains to work, earning you revenue. You can make money without even lifting a finger! The idle domain is used to display relevant advertisements -every time a consumer clicks on one of the advertisements, you earn money.
- Blacklist... Huib talk Abigor 14:44, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Blacklist on sight. There is no legitimate reason to add a parked domain to Wikipedia, and I have encountered several annoying sedo parked domain spammers on enwiki:
- w:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Spam/2010 Archive Feb 1#Sedo parked domain and redirect chain spamming
- w:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Spam/2010 Archive Mar 1#More sedo redirect chain spamming
- w:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Spam/2008 Archive Mar 2#Sedo GmbH
- w:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Spam/2008 Archive Mar 2.5#Adsense pub-3813850681263820
- w:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Spam/2008 Archive Oct 1#User:Sedo16
- w:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Spam/2010 Archive Jan 1#Adsense pub-7930424042403548
- w:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Spam/2010 Archive Jun 1#Sedo redirect chain spamming 3.0
- MER-C 07:12, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
More in the COIBot report. MER-C 12:42, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- An editor found it necessary blank this report:
densitygs.info and densitygs.com
A copyright liability for the Wikimedia Foundation more than a spam issue. See: w:en:MediaWiki talk:Spam-blacklist/archives/August 2010#hockeyfights.com
Comment from en.wikipedia: "Should be excluded per w:en:WP:ELNEVER: most pages contain embedded copyvio videos (usually from YouTube) of television broadcasts whose copyright is presumably owned by the broadcaster and/or league. Example: www.hockeyfights.com/videos/best/nhl-2010/."
Essay mill spam, see reports. MER-C 09:43, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
See WikiProject Spam item. I didn't get any feedback there, let's try here.
Looks like of 220 additions in the LiWa database, 90% are rather spammy. This site is sponsored by the government of Fukuoka Prefecture and yet the link additions are... rather brazen. More in the link report. MER-C 09:47, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
Forgot to look at this user's other edits.
How long does it take for the blacklist to take effect? MER-C 09:27, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
- MER-C, the meta spam blacklist takes a bit of time, the local servers need to update the list, which they do not every edit. But it should not be much more than a couple of minutes, I presume. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 09:35, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
domains already blacklisted:
URL shortener. MER-C 06:43, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
URL shortener. MER-C 07:17, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
- Sites spammed
- Related domains
- parked domain
Has been on XLinkBot for two months, but the spam continues and is starting to stray outside en.wp. MER-C 03:33, 29 August 2010 (UTC)
URL shortener. MER-C 07:41, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
This commercial chemical search site seems to be spammed quite a lot across projects. Jafeluv 12:53, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
URL shortener. MER-C 10:37, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
URL shortener. MER-C 13:08, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
InternetCont Group spam on Wikipedia
- Sites spammed
- Related domains