|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in March 2009, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
|This section is for completed requests that a website be blacklisted|
- Did they spam the domain? If they're just copying text from the site then blacklisting it isn't going to do anything to stop them. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 00:58, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Some IPs for the first one:
Thermoscan Co., Ltd
- Done - Andre Engels 10:44, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Added. Thanks. --Erwin(85) 09:21, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
Crosswiki spam by
Seen on bi:Mandala, bm:Mandala, bn:Mandala, bo:Mandala, br:Mandala, bs:Mandala, se:Mandala, ch:Mandala, ie:Mandala, pa:Mandala, my:Mandala, as:Mandala, az:Mandala, ba:Mandala, be:Mandala, bh:Mandala. User created an empty page with an image and that link.
Apparently involved user:
- Should have been
\bmandalaseverler\.somee\.com\b; fixed — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 04:39, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- Added. Thanks. Not sure if it'll help against this type of spam though. --Erwin(85) 09:53, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Added. Thanks. Not sure if it'll help against this type of spam though. --Erwin(85) 10:14, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
Added xwiki by this user Finn Rindahl 23:25, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
Added to YouTube-articles crosswiki- Finn Rindahl 19:43, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Added, af, be-x-old, bs, ca, cs, de, cy, da, and many others, he readds it after having been reverted and warned. Thanks and best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 19:49, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
\b10bux\.net \b5centminimum\.com \ba-n-cash\.com \baaa-mails\.com \bad(?:5\.biz(?:ad-fortune\.com)?|-fortune\.com|onlyptc\.us|qds\.com|sbux\.org|smaker\.net|sneed\.com|vertisingcentral\.biz) \baglocomails\.com \bahacash\.com \balertpay\.com \bal(?:lcashmail|lyousubmitters|miyachts|tsurf|wayspay)\.com \bam(?:erican-mails|igoemail|ity-cash)\.com \ban(?:-cash|nies-biz|s-advertising)\.com \bap(?:ache|pealing|ple|polo)mails?\.com \bar(?:ab-gpt|abbux|adiasgarden|cane-mails|csurvey|cticmails|rowheadptr)\.com \basonewishes\.com \ba(?:tom[-s]|uction-e)mails\.com \bawsurveys\.com \bba(?:byloncash|n-mail|nboocash|ybux)\.com \bbank-mails\.(?:com|net) \bbe(?:anybux|arshare-mails|autymails|eptr|etrmails|stflymails|ta-cash|ttybucks|yondemails)\.com \bbest-hyip\.be \bbgpaymails?\.com \bbi(?:gdollar-mails|ggestdollars|gluck-mails|gpaymail|lliondollarmails|zbizs|zsonline)\.com \bblacklistptc\.blogspot\.com \bblue(?:maniacs|rwebmail)\.com \bbo(?:a-|bo|ffopaid|rat|ss-)mails?\.com \bbondjamesbond\.net \bbournemouthbreeze\.com \bbravevolitation\.com \bbu(?:gcash|sinessptr)\.com \bbux(?:\.to|a\.in|euro\.com|galore\.com|junction\.com|out\.com) \bcamel-mails\.com \bca(?:n-discount|ndy-mail|nnabismails|t-mails|t-ptr|tch-cash)\.com \bcash(?:-kitty|4(?:all|hits)|n?bux|eden|fiesta|nclicks|origin|out|pointclicks|posse|read|sea)\.(?:com|co\.cc|org|net) \bcasino-mails\.com \bcgcash\.info \bch(?:arm-mail|erokeeptr|icago-ptr)\.(?:biz|com) \bchobit[-s]?mails\.(?:com|net) \bclass(?:-act-clicks|ical-mail)\.com \bclick(?:-mails|-monkey|-wizard|2earnmoney|4coins|buxx?|cent|evolution|fantasy|ingmoney4u|oly|s(?:-4-cash)?|topsites)\.(?:biz|com|net|org) \bclixy\.net \bclo(?:nebux|set-clickers|udmails|verclicks)\.(?:com|net) \bco(?:ast-?mail|inclicks|lor-mail|mpactmails|okie-mails|operativemail|pymails|smicwealth|splaymails|verclicks|wboy-mail)\.(?:com|info) \bcr(?:abmails|ash-cash|azy-4-cash|azyclicks|eam-mails)\.(?:com|us) \bcy-mails\.com \bearn3\.com \begyptp(?:ost\.org|tc\.com) \bhardbuxs\.co\.cc \bisabelmarco\.com \bneobux\.to \bp2cdaily\.com \bperfectbux\.com \brocashbux\.info \broudycash\.com \bsandraclicks\.com \bthinkbux\.com
if all domains mentioned in the thread should be blocked.
- Perhaps it'd be best to state what the problem is. The example you cite doesn't seem to actually be a problem. If there is a real problem then it should be fixed. If not, then no solution is required. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 04:34, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- There was no spamming of "ad.com" (or .org, ...): So it should not be blocked. Apart from that there are many sites (which we don't know), which are blocked by this entry; See e.g. . ("foo-ad.org" is matched for any "foo"). AD is an abbreviation e.g. for "alzheimer desease".
- Additional to that there's a third bug concerning "egypt..." (org vs. com). It was easier for me to build new regexps than searching for all bugs in the already built regexps. ;-)
- And as a small thing: For performance reasons grouping of regexp should be done primarily at the rear of strings, and not at the beginning. -- seth 12:28, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think the work folks are doing to improve efficiency is good.. At the same time, I hope that as folks regroup stuff and alter regexes for efficiency that it will still be possible for non-regex admins to correlate blacklist entries with our blacklist logs. If not, then the efficiency gain may not be worth making the changes. --A. B. (talk) 19:05, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Not spammed all that much (and a domain that I have a website at), but due to its nature of being a free webhost, it could well be a potential candidate to list here. AC --Sunstar NW XP 14:27, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
--Jorunn 09:14, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- Added. --Erwin(85) 09:19, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Can be used to bypass the blacklist. Also, please blacklist the redirect: letmegooglethatforyou.com --Kanonkas 20:31, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- This requires the
&l=1parameter, so I suggest blacklisting
\b(?:lmgtfy|letmegooglethatforyou)\.com.*[?&]l=1— Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 20:35, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- The analogue for Google is
\bgoogle\.com.*[?&]btnI=1. Will look at some other search engines now... — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 21:02, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Finn Rindahl 13:27, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Add them all, the top 10 is: croatia.mons.hr (49), slovenia.mons.hr (12), travel.mons.hr (11), porec.mons.hr (9), greece.mons.hr (5), ceska.mons.hr (5), portugal.mons.hr (5), spanjolska.mons.hr (3), eslovenia.mons.hr (3), svicarska.mons.hr (2).
- Just Added \bslovenia\.mons\.hr\b because 22.214.171.124 was spamming it crosswiki. Gblocked that IP for 15 minutes to allow the blacklist to work everywhere, probably whole mons.hr needs adding.
- Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 14:08, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
www.hacibektas.de/ www.karacaahmet.com/ www.alevi.com/
Ongoing spam by that IP, seen on Commons, and tr.wikt, possibly also many others. He masscreates pages with the same offtopic content and the three links at the end. Plus he comes back after some time, see . Already Added the three and gblocked the IP for 15 minutes to allow the spamblacklist work everywhere.
--Jorunn 01:01, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Added. At first I thought about adding only en.silav.net, because the new links are to en.silav.net and the old links to www.silav.net, but some checking made me decide that the old links are rather worthless too, so not much is lost if they happen to be forced to be removed. - Andre Engels 01:53, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- So I thought too, but then I saw that most of the older silav.net links also had been inserted by alicedsl.de IPs.
- The blacklist extention now only blocks new links, not links that is in the old text. So there is no imidiate need to remove links anymore. But there will still be a problem for regular users if the article gets blanked and the the text with a blacklisted link needs to be reverted, so blacklisted links should be removed anyway, especially if they have been spammed of course. Or they should be whitelisted locally where they are wanted.
- This link is probably on-topic in ku:Silav.net (but the article was created by an alicedsl.de IP, and only other alicedsl.de IP have edited the article).
- I've left a message on the talk page of one of the admins on ku.wikipedia.
- --Jorunn 09:48, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Url shortener. Track13 11:34, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
We've been spammed with links to multiple wikis:
- Spam domains
- Compare the text of that wiki's [artists.wikidot.com/robert-motherwell 17 Dec 2008] entry on Robert Motherwell with en.wikipedia's 6 December version
- Note this discussion: en:Talk:Artist#External links
- Interwiki map discussion: Talk:Interwiki map#Please add: artists (permanent link)
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Geoff Bunn
- Related domains
Google Adsense ID: 9359000462991404
- en:User talk:Marcus22#Limousin
- en:User talk:Marcus22#wikidot.com spam war
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2007-11#Universe Daily (Wayne Smith) active again at en:
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2007-11#another Wayne Smith Universe Daily Linkspam
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2007-11#More Linkspam from Wayne Smith AKA Universe Daily
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2006-11#Universe Daily back again
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2006-10# Universe Daily
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2006-10#Universe Daily again
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2006-10#bindiirwin.info, richardfinnila.com
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2006-10#janogibson.com
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2007-08#More Universe Daily (Wayne Smith) spam
- Talk:Spam blacklist/Archives/2007-01#parishiltontoday.com
- en:Wikipedia:Long term abuse/Universe Daily -- in particular, this section:
- Gibson, Jano (2006-10-06). "Unauthorised Bindi site 'not unethical'". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved on 2009-03-10.
- Wordsworth, Matthew (2008-08-12). "LNP calls in lawyers over rogue website". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved on 2009-03-10.
- Dunlevy, Gabrielle (2008-08-12). "Bogus politicial website probed". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). Retrieved on 2009-03-10.
Additional Universe Daily information
In addition to the en.wikipedia spam documented in some of the links above, these and related domains have been spammed extensively across many Wikimedia projects:
en.wikipedia accounts identified to date:
- en:Wikipedia:Long term abuse/Universe Daily#Known IP addresses (38)
- en:Category talk:Suspected Wikipedia sockpuppets of Universe Daily (22)
- en:Category talk:Wikipedia sockpuppets of Universe Daily (25)
More domains added by one or more of the IPs above:
Ongoing crosswiki-spam, Added "\bkayit\.co\.cc\b" already, and gblocked the IP 15 minutes so the spambl works. Seen on cv, tk, be, uz, be-x-old, best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 14:54, 13 March 2009 (UTC)