Return to "Email blacklist" page.
|Email addresses matching this list will be blocked from registering or sending emails (globally).|
Protected edit request on 9 February 2021Edit
|This edit request has been answered. Set the |
Hey, i suggest to add following emails to the blacklist. These emails are free throwaway emails.
tonne\.to existiert\.net datenschutz\.ru dsgvo\.ru grugrug\.ru kaengu\.ru muellmail\.com muellemail\.com muell\.monster muell\.icu muell\.ru muell\.xyz magspam\.net fukaro\.com oida\.icu papierkorb\.me schabernack\.ru spam\.care ultra\.fyi wellick\.ru yeezus\.ru
- @ZabeMath: has there been any actual issue regarding these domains? — xaosflux Talk 15:33, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- @Martin Urbanec, Vermont, and -revi: any feedback on this, I'm hesitant to just proactively add domains here. — xaosflux Talk 16:10, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for pinging, Xaosflux, I definitely agree that a request like this needs some sort of discussion. Proactively adding throwaway domains would be a relatively big precedent to set, especially on a global scale. Until we see legitimate issues with these domains (or users of their email services), I oppose their addition to the email blacklist. Best, Vermont (talk) 17:13, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- Not done (as to the immediate edit request) @ZabeMath: this will need more discussion if needed. — xaosflux Talk 17:26, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- Ok, thank you for your efforts. --ZabeMath (talk) 17:27, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- My 2 cents: Since email blacklist is similar to Spam Blacklist, and throwaway emails are like URL shortener. We don't proactively add URL shortener unless there is a clear pattern / inclination to be abused (but we can add as and when we came across these), this also sort of applies to throwaway emails. I will suggest to see is there any actual abuse or likelihood of abuse before adding. Another analogy is blocks are preventative and protection aren't done usually pre-emptively. I don't see why this approach need to be deviated here. Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 17:30, 17 February 2021 (UTC)