Talk:Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Bots and gadgets/Gadget: Who is active
Community Tech Hackathon 2022: Gadget Creation CompletedEdit
Hello all, writing to update you on the development of this gadget. Thank you for voting and supporting this idea.
We hosted an internal hackathon last week and were able to deploy a working version of this gadget to MediaWiki. You can find it under Preferences inside the Gadgets tab, under "Experimental" section.
If you want to see a page that displays the active status for each user, any History page will show you the status next to the names. The status for each user will show up when there is any mention of a user page. Feel free to check out the phab task. Please note that this was one of the many projects we worked on inside the internal hackathon. This was our first time doing a hackathon with the intention of working fast and building things people need. We recognize that we would normally take longer periods of time to process every detail and design decision, hope this is still valuable to you. We would love to hear your feedback. We'd especially love to hear if you want to customize the time ranges we designated for the three Active Status labels. Thanks again! NRodriguez (WMF) (talk) 19:54, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- @NRodriguez (WMF): Oh, this is really nice! Periods are fine, labels a bit too long but I'd like to have it on wikis already. Thanx! IOIOI (talk) 20:20, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Wow, great news! Thank you NRodriguez (WMF). I +1 IOIOI's comments; just adding that icons should be used only (with a tooltip when hovered), and they should be different for each status, as colors conducting meanings aren't accessible. Trizek from FR 20:55, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- @NRodriguez (WMF) It looks great! but maybe you can consider about hide the status labels on the recent changes page. 𝗩𝗶𝗸𝗶𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗿 ℣ 20:54, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Good job! SD hehua (talk) 10:00, 19 May 2022 (UTC)
- @NRodriguez (WMF) I think the gadget is ok, but the inactivity periods should be different. Therefore, instead of changing it, maybe it is worth making the settings for the gadget preferably with the ability to add custom periods. This can be done by adding integration for settings framework such as THIS one, used on plwiki made by @Matma Rex. --Krzysiek 123456789 (talk) 15:33, 10 June 2022 (UTC)
- You are heroes! @NRodriguez (WMF): and now we have 2 gadgets :D One on MediaWiki and one on pl wiki. This one works with template, but the results are visible by defoult (blue and gray icons). Hmm, could we (users and Wikipedias) personalize your version (time, icons, text)? Hedger z Castleton (talk) 15:56, 20 June 2022 (UTC)
- Seconding that the labels should be much shorter, or at least have a setting for that, but otherwise works very well, thank you! 18.104.22.168 20:59, 14 September 2022 (UTC)