Talk:CIS-A2K/Documents/Wikipedians guide to Indian Copyright Act
- Why Brief introduction para para excludes mention of 2012 amendments ?
Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 08:32, 29 April 2015 (UTC)
- Good point. The essay is being expanded. I'll add it. -- 22:35, 29 April 2015 (UTC)
In external link section you have given link to Indian copyright act 1957 (PDF) on copyright office. There are two aspects
- 1) While Copyright office link is supposed to be best official place, If that(Copyright office website) PDF is not updated for 2012 amendments then whether it wont be preferable to make a specific mention of the lacunae ?
- 2) Copyright office website has a hyperlink policy which expects explicit permission to give link to their website, Would it be possible for CIS to obtain such formal permission to use such links on wiki projects ?
Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 04:32, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, umm, I missed this reply (also my computer was not working on/around 8 May). 1) yes government website URLs are preferable. I don't know what to do if it is not updated. We can add a short note after the URL -- that's all I can think at this moment. 2) Copyright office website has a hyperlink policy which expects explicit permission to give link to their website -- What? Could you refer (provide URL of) the policy page? Do they have similar rule for other Gov/.nic sites too? -- 15:51, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
- We need Proof reading support at en:s:Indian Copyright Law to check whether the law and the amendment there of are properly acomodated including that of 2012 amendment.
- After completion of proof reading at en:s:Indian Copyright Law we need support for updating Wikipedia:WikiProject India/Fair dealing page
- Discuss and imporve Help:Form I & Affidavit (Customised for relinquishment of copyright as per 'free cultural work' definition)
Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 10:11, 29 April 2015 (UTC)