Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/angpradesh
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Test Administrator at Wikipedia Incubator for Angika Language
- Thousands of translations of Wikimedia Projects and Commons from English to Angika as Translator at https://translatewiki.net
- Created 1400 new articles approx @ Angika wikipedia in incubator.
- Lakhs of edits @ Angika wikipedia in incubator. https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/anp
- Thousands of edits at English and Hindi.
- Localised almost 100% of the most-used interface messages into Angika Angika language.https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Angika#Arguments_in_favour
- Localised almost 100% of the message texts of Wikimedia Mobile Interface in Angika language.https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Angika#Arguments_in_favour
- Contributing to English, Hindi, Angika Wikipedia Projects.
- Apart from Test Administrator at Wikipedia Incubator for Angika Language recently started working on Angika language project of Wiktionary · Wikibooks · Wikinews · Wikiquote · Wikivoyage in incubator.
- Started editing on English wikipedia in Nov. 2005 (as user kundanamitabh) then after long break in April 2010 (as user AngPradesh) .
- Been active offline for nurturing the local Wiki Community (Mumbai) and helping make first WCI 2011 reality
- Been Organised large numbers of Wikipedia/Wikimedia Meetup at Mumbai.
- Been Organised Jimmy Wales first public Conference at Mumbai.
- Awarded with The Golden Mumbai Barnstorm and Outreach Barnstorm for Offline Activity of Wikipedia Projects.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Angpradesh#Award
What type of support you need
- Laptop - Of advanced configuration
- Internet - of High Speed which can work in remote areas as well.
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
Currently I am using my own which cannot be always spared for Wikipedia project related works.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- For creating and editing articles mainly @ Angika Language related Wikipedia Projects in Incubator and @ Hindi and English wikipedia projects.
- Community Development for English, Hindi and Angika Languages Wikipedia Projects.(For this Additional Financial Supports will also be required.)
Community discussion and endorsementsEdit
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Strong support -- for creation and development of Angika Wikipedia. Such pioneering work must be strongly supported. Innocentbunny (talk) 19:56, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support : The user is a pioneer and is almost single handedly driving the creation of Angika Wikipedia. I whole heartedly support his endeavors. All the best. Well deserved and I do hope that tbe asset will be put to best use.Regards.--Anamdas (talk) 00:07, 27 February 2018 (UTC)