Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Realmmb
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I mainly edit on English Wikipedia and have over two thousand edits there, I also have contributed significantly with some pictures on Commons and made have the slightest of efforts to help Hindi Wikipedia.
- I am a pending changes reviewer on Wikipedia and have been doing my best to help this website improve and get rid of vandalism-attempts and disruptive edits after proper research on the topics. I also have a great interest in going through random pages and making them structurally better or atleast tagging them according to what needs to be fixed with them.
- I have a lot of affection with football and I have in the past spent days on the end trying to better the condition of football related pages and football clubs' pages of India because they aren't well maintained out of lack of users who are interested in them, I suppose.
- Among the numerous pages I've created on Wikipedia, there is one that I'm extremely proud of and it is the page of Kamargoria, the village that I grew up in. It was very difficult to set it up for there was very less amount of information available in the internet about that place.
- I'm also associated with Wiki-Project India. For more information on the projects to which I'm related with in Wikipedia please go through my user page
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
I am a 16 years old student from a rural area in West Bengal and one of the biggest problems I face while making descriptive edits or using gadgets on Wikipedia is that I don't own any computer. Because of this reason only I had to quit being an active user for about two years as editing through a smartphone is very time taking but I had to save as much time as possible for my academics. But recently I rekindled my interest on this website and I'm determined to devote my time into this project. I also have pending changes reviewer rights on Wikipedia but the feature is very buggy in the mobile version of this website so I can't even use these rights properly that I've been granted. Right when I saw this advertisement that I had this opportunity of getting a laptop, I got here because I wanted this to happen from so long. The internet facilities here aren't necessarily pathetic here but certainly if I get help in this way then I'll definitely get to make edits in a better way and I could also devote more time solely into Wikipedia.
How will you use this in the next six months?
I'd like to devote as much of my time as I can on this website for a long time if I'm granted a laptop because of the potential this project has, a free encyclopaedia for almost everything known to man yet! This is really incredible and being a part of this is fascinating enough. I'd like to join into edit-a-thons and help out my fellow editors which I couldn't really do until now because of the time consuming factor related with editing through a phone. I'll get a real big boost if my requests for a laptop and/or an internet connection do get accepted.
Community discussion and endorsementsEdit
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit