This report is available in French here.
Ce rapport est disponible en français ici.
Date and locationEdit
- Date : Friday 27th September 2019
- Location : University of Kisangani
23 people participated in the workshop, 16 men and 7 women.
- Yves Madika: Host
- Gracia MBUKA ALIMA
- Generose LIMBAYA MIRIAM
- Ivan ESSIMBO IBENGE
- Malik ABDOUL MALIK
- Get LIFE KELE
- Brigitte DOLEA
- Joël BASIKI KWANDELE
- Potien AMUNDALA UDJULE
- Ida TSHIBINGU
- Synthia LIBINGA
- Junior LINGABO
- Hélène MOLULA MALAKO
- Marie-Louise AEMBE
- Jackson TSHIBAMBE
- Bonheur BUSHIRI
- Pauliment OHEMBA
- Patient KANALINA BAMBATO
- Wilthiney KAPELE HEMEDI
- VALENTIN NVJ
- Fidèle LIESSE
|09:00 - 09:45
||Welcoming and presentation of the salon
|09:45 - 09:50
||Presentation of the code of conduct
|09:50 - 09:55
||Reminder about what is "free knowledge"
|09:55 - 10:05
||Quick presentation about Wikimedia 2030
|10:05 - 10:10
||Q & A
|10:10 - 10:40
||See, hear and feel free knowledge for the 2030 vision
|10:40 - 11:10
|11:10 - 11:15
||Presentation of the 9 thematic areas
|11:15 - 11:35
||Presentation of the Diversity thematic area
|11:35 - 11:45
||Q & A
|11:45 - 12:30
||Group discussion about Diversity
|12:30 - 13:15
|13:15 - 13:45
- Feedback about the day's experience with colored post-it notes
- Group picture
- Thank you notes exchanged between participants (mutual appreciation)
Thematic area : Diversity
Q1: Do you think it is a good thing to have all participants in all events sign a code of conduct?Edit
- Yes, it would allow everyone to learn and respect rules and policies of WMF projects, while encouraging free speech from the participants.
- It would create a favorable/healthy atmosphere for all.
- It would facilitate collective work.
- It would create a certain discipline along events.
- Not enough trainings and information about the Wikimedia ecosystem
- Lack of love (willpower) and spirit of sharing;
- Lack of computer equipment
- Internet access is expensive
- We have no well known local headquarters
- Lack of interest
Q3: Most congolese contributors are computer engineers (and male); why don't other parts of the population get interested in the project (women, lawyers, sociologists, doctors, psychologists, etc.)?Edit
- Lack of knowledge about computer tools
- Lack of information and skills
- Computer engineers are interested in NICT
- Women and other parts of the population are not interested because the notion of free knowledge is not integrated in other domains
- The ombundsperson would represent the local community when interacting with WMF
- It would facilitate easier collaboration between WMF and the local community, presenting the community's needs
- This person would present the local community's constraints to WMF, and in return present the community with the solutions proposed by WMF, all this truthfully and openly.
Q5: Do you think decentralizing administrative structures for fund allocation would be a good thing?Edit
- Yes, it would allow transparency in tasks execution in the community
- Facilitate traceability of funds in financial reports for activities
- Facilitate a more transparent and equitable distribution of funds
- Better finance management for funds allocated to local communities who run Wikimedia projects.
Q6: Which recommendation do you find less useful for us in Congo?Edit
The community finds that all recommendations stated during the strategy salon would be useful for the DRC community.