These steward elections are finished. No further votes will be accepted.
Viswaprabha (Viswanathan Prabhakaran)Edit
This candidate the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information.
Please note that the full page with votes can be found at Stewards/Elections 2016/Votes/Viswaprabha.
Viswaprabha talk • contribs • accounts (stalktoy) • globalcontribs • crosswiki-ness • confirm eligibility — Translate: translation help, statement, template, headings
- Languages: ml, en-4, hi-2, sa-2, ur-1, ta-1, ar-1.
- Personal info: (English)I am Viswaprabha, A biomedical engineer, project manager and IT expert, having lived abroad for more than 25 years with many cultures, now stationed in Kerala, India, spending most of my time for activism and evangelism of Wikimedia, open education and other knowledge and language empowerment missions, particularly among the rural masses who are yet to embark upon the digital age.
With my credentials several of which are indicated below, I would like to be an effective steward for the Wikimedia projects:
- I have been a registered user of Wikipedia at least since February 2005 (and as an unregistered user since much earlier).
- Have been the first (and continuing)administrator of ml Wiktionary (2005) as also a current Administrator at ml.wikipedia.org
- Have more than 37,000 Global edit count, mostly attributed in ml (wikipedia, wiktionary, wikisource), sa (wikipedia), Wikimedia commons and en (wikipedia). Besides, I also have a Bot user ID (ViswaBot).
- Have been a board member of Wikimedia India Chapter (2012-2014) and also the treasurer in 2014. During my tenure in the Chapter as a Board member, I was also the principal person to take care of the technical and administrative tasks pertaining to the Chapter's internal and open wikis, the Mediawiki installation and other server maintenance.
- Have been well accepted in my communities as a veteran editor, policy guide, mentor and outreach program advisory.
- Well versed with the scenarios and critical handling of moderation, consensus formation and user rights management within the ecology of my Wikimedia communities.
- Have contributed and involved otherwise (such as Outreach Workshops, editathons, GLAM, conferences, media exposure, legal compliance etc.) with ml, en, sa, WMIN chapter and CIS-A2K significantly and other Indic Wikimedia projects moderately.
- Have been an instrumental resource person for several Hackathons, workshops, conferences and 'Train the trainer' programs conducted within India.
- Have almost two decades of wide experience on user rights management in other social networks, mail groups, blogs, forums and such collaborative projects.
- Have met and interacted with a wide array of users, tool makers and administrators and other key persons of Wikimedia ecology during three Wikimania events (held in 2012, 2014 and 2015).