|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in February 2014, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
Hello, i created the German Rosetta account in June 2008
Around 2011 (i think) i applied for unified global account, which was granted on most wiki sites
But there are a number of languages which could not be unified because they were already taken
These are: (see above)
Any single of these 'users' did never log in and never edited their user homepage.
I fear it was even myself who created those langauge users. When i created my first wikipedia account i did not know about unification. Later, when i tried unification, i got confused and checked the wrong options and i then managed to loose the applied password. In a second try, i was accepted in some other sites at my second try, and later a steward help request was granted partially.
Now if you look at these langauage sites, it really looks like there is no real person behind them. I'm not even clear about how i could try contact those virtual people (and i'm sure there will be no response) or how long it needs to verify the accounts are just zombies.
I would like to get all these languages into my unified account, although i'm only into spanish and french, but i just can't imagine to have different users with the same name. I would like to start writing or editing articles seriously in my field of expertise, it's just a matter of time.
- All of those wikis have local bureaucrats except frwikinews. See Index of pages where renaming can be requested. PiRSquared17 (talk) 20:17, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- I usurped the account on jawiki. All other wikis have active bureaucrats. Please, ask at pages mentioned above. Ruslik (talk) 18:55, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
I want to unified en.wikipedia.org and de.wikipedia.org usernames with my global username. Currently I can't login to en.wikipedia.org and de.wikipedia.org with my global username and password. --Empu (talk) 16:14, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
- The request pages for taking over these accounts are en:Wikipedia:Changing username/Usurpations and de:Wikipedia:Benutzernamen ändern/Benutzernamens-Übernahme. --MF-W 23:35, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
done --IW 12:12, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- Delete empty global account following local usurp. Thanks, –xeno 17:26, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- es.wiki and th.wiki have active bureaucrats, see Index of pages where renaming can be requested. QuiteUnusual (talk) 15:46, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Done for hi.wiki QuiteUnusual (talk) 15:48, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Please delete this global account with zero edits after local usurpation on the Spanish Wikipedia. It is the bot account of Pietrus, who lost the password and requested the usurpation at the administrators'/bureacrats' noticeboard. Thanks. LlamaAl (talk) 01:40, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- Done MBisanz talk 04:47, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
I was redirected here by a bureaucrat of ja.wiki (see this). It's been more than two years, from my first usurpation request. I have not received any response from the user on ja.wiki and he did not contribute more (the last edit of the target user "Angelus" was on June 28th, 2011). It seems that this is an inactive account (with minor edits), moreover 26 non-jawiki unattached accounts exist with this name (all inactive). I would like to rename my account to "Angelus", usurp the target name in all the unattached wikis, and unify them. Thank you. Best regards. --Angelus(talk) 20:49, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- It has already been noted on SRUC that the ja.wiki account has too many contributions to usurp. The fact that the account appears to be inactive is irrelevant. In addition, nearly all the projects where there are unattached local accounts have their own bureaucrats and therefore you would need to make these requests locally. You may also find that other projects (e.g., en.wiki where the user has ~ 30 edits, de.wiki where the user has 2 edits) will decline the usurp. Personally I think your quest to take over this global account is futile and you should choose a different name. QuiteUnusual (talk) 10:40, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- Please delete the empty global account; this is the result of a local usurpation. Thank you. Acalamari 12:25, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- Please usurp the jawiki account. There are no edits from it and I would like to use it to create a Japanese article. ありがとう。
A couple of years ago, my account on lgwiki detached itself from my SUL, changed its password and removed its email. I hear renaming it there will allow me to make another account that can be joined with my SUL; if this is true, please rename it. Thanks!
- Done, though I am utterly shocked that a steward candidate doesn't know :P Your account will now be autocreated there the next time you visit it. --MF-W 10:10, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
I requested a username change a few days ago (the request is now archived). But is seems like my request has been misunderstood. Initially, I wanted my account william.gathoye to be renamed to wget since I'm know as this nickname on other open source projects and because my initial account was using my real name and I'm now unconfortable with this. william.gathoye is a unified account used on 26 Wikimedia sites. wget was free, excepted on 2 romanian Wikis, but I assume the account with the most edits (me) globally should get the SUL name. Now, I see that all contributions I made with the william.gathoye account have been discarded.
What I want:
- recover my contributions;
- rename the 2 wget romanian accounts to another name, since they are inactive and don't belong to me, in order to make the wget SUL account fully available;
- as the SUL wget account is now fully available, rename my SUL william.gathoye to the SUL wget account with all my contributions.
- For information: Special:CentralAuth/William.gathoye; Special:CentralAuth/Wget.
- Your edits on en.wiki are now under the new name, since you were renamed there per your request. See en:Special:Contributions/Wget.
- There remain several william.gathoye accounts with edits on Commons, fr.wiki and some other projects (all with one edit). Since all of these projects have local bureaucrats, stewards cannot rename you there. Please see the index of pages where renaming can be requested for where to ask for renames. — To save us from bureaucracy, I have renamed you here on Meta now in my function as a local bureaucrat. Please take care to not edit here (or anywhere) anymore under the william.gathoye account after you were renamed (otherwise edits again show up under your old name, and it is not possible to merge edits from different account). Also, you need to visit Special:MergeAccount as User:Wget to attach your renamed accounts to SUL.
- Concerning the account on ro.wikipedia and ro.wikinews; these projects also have local bureaucrats whom you can contact for the usurpation of these accounts (ro.wn is not listed on the Index of request pages, but this crat seems to be around). Nevertheless you already now own the SUL account for "wget", as Special:CentralAuth demonstrates. --MF-W 16:50, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Dear MF-Warburg,
- Thanks a lot for you help. I proceeded as you asked me to do. Contacting every local bureaucrat where I needed to be manually renamed in order to keep my edits. (It is still pending for some, no answer from the crats).
- The ro.wn is now usurped thanks to MSClaudiu, but he hasn't right on ro.wk, so I asked AdiJapan, but he refused to usurp the local wget user for license reason. Could you persuade him? The one with most edits should have the SUL account. Wget (talk) 23:49, 25 January 2014 (UTC)
- I wrote something on rowiki. --MF-W 00:03, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
Would it be possible to usurp the following account, it haves only 1 edit from 8 years ago...
--126.96.36.199 18:22, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, but you need to ask on en:WP:CHUU. --MF-W 18:22, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks and sorry :) --188.8.131.52 18:39, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- Request withdrawn MBisanz talk 17:14, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
Hi need to merge the kixzer to franz710 , I have requested to change my SUL to franz710 however my edits are still on the old name. There is not way to request it on the said wiki project. thanks --Franz710 (talk) 17:15, 28 February 2014 (UTC)