|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in August 2012, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
Hello, I'm coming from the French community of Wikipedia, where I'm active (times to times) under the username ndiver since June 2006 (see: Ndiver )
The username ndiver Ndiver English Wikipedia is already used on the English wikipedia. It was created in September 2007, has 2 public logs, 10 contributions including 2 articles creations.
Due to the use of both French and English version of wikipedia, I created recently the account Ndiverprime on the English wikipedia and expected to unify it with my French account ndiver. I made the Unify procedure, but it started to be the mess as 1) i couldn't unifiy two accounts with different names (or if it's possible, i don't know how to do that)and 2) i have now another account Ndiverprime on the French wikipedia (that i don't use), and it's the mess when i need to login and to switch from Wikipedia fr to Wikipedia en.
At the current point, i don't know what to do:
- make an usurpation request against the english username ndiver ? (my dream !)
My current accounts ** *
The problematic account *
- ask to de-unify the account Ndiverprime and delete the account Ndiverprime for the French Wikipedia ?
What is your opinion ? What is possible ?
I thank you for your help :-)
- You should make an usurpation request for Ndiver on Wikipedia:Changing username/Usurpations. Ruslik (talk) 11:03, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
Apparently exist in the english, french, dutch, norwegian and portuguese wikipedia also user with the name "Tiger10", but when I click on them a message appears that they NOT exist. May you delete or do something else with these accounts that I can merge my accounts and probably create an englisch account?
- and some more on other projects.
I want to merge the following accounts, usurping the second and third one.
I would like to usurp the following accounts and add them to my SUL. No local bureaucrats exist for fawikibooks. A usurpation page exists for enwikiversity but the bureaucrats have not responded for many months.
Also, I believe the usurpation of the following account has not been done completely and the edit history of my old username FarzanehSarafraz has not been merged with the new account.
I opened a new account on en:WP/english Wikipedia. Ok.
The trouble is, that this procedure has apparently erased ALL the informations which appeared previously :
- On my personnal presentation page that I had built, with all the convenient templates, on french Wikipedia, to which it happens that I am a regular contributor ;
- On the historical record of all my previous contributions to the french site, before the very moment when en:WP "recognised" my registration (I've done a bunch of edits in french, already, since then) ;
- On my french-language watchlist, to get informed thru my real e-mail address, of all the changes done to those contributions over there...
Help !.... I urgently request you to "reunify" my accounts —I don't know if that means that all my contributions and watch-ups (on the TWO sites) will be united in one single, chronological list, ...or if my fr:WP pages will be "resurrected" (I know that, on WP, nothing is definitely lost and forsaken : all these precious informations of mine must be hidden somewhere...)
I just rely desperately on you to solve that very stressful situation. This mussn't be the first time such a mess occurs, and maybe you will do it "in a clinch", as a routine thing ?
- Nothing seems to be wrong with your account, I'm wondering if you know watchlists on different projects are completely unrelated. --Vituzzu (talk) 20:42, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
- I know pretty well that the list of contributions I made here in english cannot mingle with the equivalent list in french. But my point is : the 3 "personal pages" that I already mentionned supra —not only my french-language watchlist, but also my historical page recording all my contributions on fr/wp since the beginning, and my personal "home page" in french... had disappeared the very second my account here, in english, has been registered !
- That's what I called "being related", somehow...
- Secondly.. I agree : nothing is wrong (so far) with my english account !
- NOW... I don't know if the manoeuver comes from you or from people in France, but it seems that the french login "Mezkal" (with only one "z") has been "crushed" over there (maybe it wasn't used anymore in french?), and it seems, too, that my "lost" personal pages have been transferred —without me knowing it !—, and "injected" in this new empty shell...
- The problem is... when I edit anything under that newly-created french login "http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Mezkal" (with only one "z", which seemed perfect for me, given that I found all my "belongings" back into that user's name, BUT...) ...as soon as I press the button "publish" for a contribution, it "rejects" me at once —and throws me automatically— into the old "Mezzkal" account (with 2 "z"), with the difference that now... it is supposed to have been created last July, 7th at 13:52 ! !
- That is to say... now, this is my old account that shows only the (few) contributions I made in french since July 7th whereas the complete list of 'em lays in the "newly created" Mezkal account, which doesn't hold steady more than 5 seconds !
- I can't continue this way, limping uneasily between three logins !
- So... it seems that ONLY a "merging" of the three accounts into the "Mezzkal" denomination —with 2 "z", would be the only definitive solution to this mess.
- Indeed, it is certain that there already is a "Mezkal" with only 1 "z" in the english WP, whereas I know that a "forced re-entry" from the present french Mezkal's lists and userboxes into a general Mezzkal denomination —including fr:WP— wouldn't harm anybody, for the simple reason, it seems, that I now "possess" both logins (recognizing my own password) for the french language area !
- I hope you get the point...
- BUT.. the advice I've been given by fr:WP is that only a Steward can execute this manoeuver manually, and above all, that it would be less dangerous, in terms of data-saving, to do it from en:WP than from fr:WP...
- SO... could you manually merge the three logins unfortunately created into a single "Mezzkal" one ?(orthographed with 2 "z"). And this... without loosing (too much) traces of ancient (or recent) contributions, and all the userboxes past-ups, in both my home pages ?