|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in February 2010, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
Requests for usurpation or deleting global accounts
User:moose and moose2 to User:MartinThoma
I want to be renamed to "MartinThoma" (without quotes) in the folowing projects
--Moose2 22:01, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- Hello, all these projects have local bureaucrats, please ask there, links to the requestpages see interwikilinks here on the left. Best regards, --geimfyglið :^╡ 09:05, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
Changed my en.wikipedia username to An errata while a unified account request was being processed. It seems my es.wikipedia username is now overruling everything. And that is precisely the one, for personnal reasons, I want to get away from. w:en:Wikipedia:Changing username/Archive72 --Mellou 16:46, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- Hello, You need to ask on es.wiki for a rename there links to the requestpages see interwikilinks on the left here. Besides You need to log out from "Mellou" and log in to "An errata" and then go to w:en:special:mergeaccount to make it a global account. Best regards, --geimfyglið :^╡ 09:30, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks. Doing the renaming right now before I proceed to re-unify my accounts. However, does not seem to be much happening on es.wikipedia . I guess I'll have to be patient.--Mellou 16:07, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
I want to usurp the following accounts
--LeoW 00:16, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hello, nlwiki has local bureaucrats, please ask for renames there (interwikilinks to the requestpages can be found on this page), thanks, best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 17:34, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I had account which has the Username:Askinaltun, two weeks ago i asked local bureaucrats to rename the name. It is changed as "Observer". But when i wanted to do unified login but it is said there that the account with the name i have chosen is used by someone in German Wikipedia. But it is an deleted account and as i saw in discussion page for that user some critising has been made there. So i decided to write here for usurp the name "Observer" in German Wikipedia. As i can't log in with my new user name "Observer", i had no choice except using old account name "Askinaltun". I want to usurp the following accounts:
Thanks in advance. Askinaltun 11:35, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hello, where did they rename "Askinaltun" to "Observer"? IMHO it was not a thoughtful action of the local crats to rename to a name that is taken in so many projects (or even in one). You could request to be renamed back, because You might not be able to solve the conflicts. Either way, all those wikis listed have local bureaucrats, please ask for renames there (interwikilinks to the requestpages can be found on this page, or type
special:listusers/bureaucratinto the searchfield on the local wiki), thanks. Please note that usurping might not be possible on some projects if the accounts have edits, best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 18:20, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
Hallo, I am in my fourth year as a Wiki editor, so I attempted Login Unification under this user name. However, I have run into a SUL collision with a user by the same name on de.wiki who registered four years ago and made a single entry on a talk page on the same day that they registered and has, apparently, been inactive since.
I now have a unique user ID as a result of my efforts, but I am still unable to complete the login unification since I am unable to provide a password for the de.wiki account (since I never knew it, nor should I know it).
For reference, the SUL collision detector for "Enquire" shows all of the accounts successfully merged under the name "Enquire" (ID 5496635), as well as the "unattached" user on dewiki.
This user registered their account on dewiki at 15:27 on 15 January 2006 and made a single entry on a talk page an hour later at 16:30 on 15 January 2006. See:
- date of registration on de.wiki see pink row in table for dewiki
- date of single edit on talk page shows complete record of activity by this user (one event four years ago)
- Subject talk page Diskussion:Jiddu Krishnamurti
I may be wrong, but I have to suspect that this individual has essentially abandoned or forgotten about their registration under this user name on de.wiki or, else, re-registered and is active under another user name.
Can someone help?
Thanks in advance Enquire 08:01, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hello, You could ask for usurpation of that account, note that de.wiki is quite strikt with that and usually does not allow this if the account in question has >0 edits, but since it is a talkpage edit only maybe they will think about it. To request this please go to the local requestpage as de.wiki has local bureaucrats, (interwikilinks to the requestpage can be found on this page on the left hand side), thanks. Please note that if they deny a rename of the account, there is nothing else You could do but search for a free name Yourself. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 09:34, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
I want to be renamed to KanmanOld with the following accounts // I want to usurp the following accounts
--Kanman 16:51, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- Not done Both projects have active bureaucrats, please ask at th:วิกิพีเดีย:เปลี่ยนชื่อผู้ใช้ and en:Wikipedia:Changing username/SUL instead. Kylu 16:55, 7 February 2010 (UTC)