Research talk:Wikistats metrics/New pages
Return to "Wikistats metrics/New pages" page.
Bining of statsEdit
See Research talk:Newly registered user#Bining of new users, this has many of the same problems. — Jeblad 14:48, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
Relation to "Total Article Count"Edit
New_pages(month) = Total_Article_Count(month) - Total_Article_Count(month-1)
- Yes, @Tbayer (WMF):, if you look at "Pages to date" on wikistats 2, and you open up the console, you'll see it's requesting the same endpoint as the "New pages" metric. On aqs, this is
https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/edited-pages/new/all-projects/all-editor-types/all-page-types/monthly/1980010100/2019040200. So, perhaps more correctly,
Total_Article_Count = Cummulative_Sum("over all time", New_pages)
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Milimetric (WMF) (talk) 21:07, 2 April 2019
- Thanks! Via  I also just noticed the page Research:Wikistats metrics/Pages to date which appears to state the same thing. I have deorphaned it by mentioning it here and on Research:Wikistats metrics.
- Regards, Tbayer (WMF) (talk) 00:33, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, and thank you for the cleanup. I still plan to unify the metrics definitions as you pointed out last year. I haven't had the time, but I definitely think it's important to finish this up before we consider Wikistats 2 of "Beta" quality. Milimetric (WMF) (talk) 01:11, 3 April 2019 (UTC)