Research:The effects of member turnovers in WikiProjects/Interview questions
1. Basic demographic info
- Age and gender are from the email.
- What do you do for living?
- How long have you been an Wikipedia editor?
- How long have you been in working in articles related to WikiProject XXX?
2. Self evaluation in WikiProject
- What kinds of roles do you think you are playing in the project, or main tasks are you performing? For example, editing; coordinating; communication; constructing; maintaining; etc, others?
- How active would you describe yourself in WikiProject?
3. Member turnovers - leavers
- Have you observed members leaving the project; how was that; do you think that is significant / easily noticeable? (Do you think other people noticed that?) Does it bother the group, how?
- Do you remember a time when a large number of members left the project. Could you describe the situation?
- Why do you think members leave the group? (Can you observe the difference? Examples?)
- How different kinds of leavers have different impacts (productivity, communication, seniority, etc) on the group performance (individual/group level) (long/short term)
4. Member turnovers - newcomers
- Have you observed members joining the project; do you think that is significant / easily noticeable? (Do you think other people noticed that?) Do you think it bothers the group, how?
- Do you remember a time when a large number of members joined the project? Could you describe the situation?
- Why do you think members join the group? Can you observe difference among newcomers? Examples?
- How different kinds of newcomers have different impacts (productivity, communication, seniority, etc) on the group performance (micro/macro level) (long/short term)
- Is there a training process for the newcomers? How do you think about it?
- Any suggestions of engaging the newcomers more smoothly?
5. Member turnovers - remaining members
- Does turnover (leaving/joining) affect people who stay?
6. Member turnovers overall
- Do you think turnover is bad or good? What’s bad/good about it?
- Any suggestions of preventing good members leaving the up?
7. Online collaborations
- What do you think about the online collaboration in WikiProjects?
- What is the advantage or disadvantage (and difference) in online environment, especially comparing to the offline settings (like the collaboration in your company)?