Research:Portuguese Wikipedia trends and behavior/Social Structure
Snapshot of positionsEdit
Portuguese Wikipedia has similar positions as some of the other Wikipedias, and in fact many of the positions were adopted following the lead of the other Wikipedias. The breakdown of the five primary positions can be seen below.
|Burocratas||Verificadores||Conselho de Arbitragem||Administradores||Eliminadores|
|Selection process||Vote||Vote||Vote||Vote||Analysis of requirements by everyone (no need of right to vote) and final decision by bureaucrats.|
|Removal process||1 year term, removed if desysopped or Arbcom decision||1 year term, removed if desysopped or Arbcom decision||1 year term or vote (2/3 of support to remove)||vote (1/3 of support to remove), Arbcom decision, sockpuppetry, legal theats, inactivity (less than 50 logs in 6 months)||At discretion of bureaucrats, inactivity (less than 25 logs in 6 months)|
|# of target participants||5 + 3 alternates||3 + 2 alternates||5 + 2 alternates||no superior bound||no superior bound|
The number of administratores on wiki.pt is low when compared to other big language projects. The number of successful elections has declined over time. Between 2005 and 2007, ~30 new admins were elected each year. In 2008 the number decreased to 18, in 2009 only 13 admins were elected, and in 2010 this number decreased once again to 9. As of October 2011, 9 new admins have been elected. The number of request for block on administrators noticeboard has increased over time.
The following are areas that would indicate over-work required by admin.
|Total number of block requests for PT-WP has increased over time||Admins share the reversion workload with Hugglers, but they still do over 50% of all reverting although they are less than 10% of total reverters.||TBD :)|
Comparison with other language projectsEdit
Note: These are from the last 6 months only, and compare only current sysops. Source: Toolserver
|# active users|
|# edits per day|
|# admins >50||33||104||66||80|
|# Meta-Wiki edit||751||632||202||369|
|# right changes||217||58||174||141|
|# total actions||73666||105582||88787||84728|
Number of administrative actions in the last semester as of October 18, 2011. The role admins >50 indicates the number of admins with at least 50 actions in the last 6 months.
- Certainly the number of administrators on pt.wiki is lower than other language projects, even when we count only those administrators who fullfil the pt.wiki requirement of activity.
- With such a low number of administrators, every administrator would have to be on line at least 5 hours per week in order there to be at least one online admin. each moment. This calculation consider that all administrators are online at disjoint periods of the week, so it is expected there to be periods of the day uncovered by the work of admins.
- Analyze the number of edits by administrators, mainly those made on wikipedia namespaces
- Analyse the number of administrative actions over time, mainly those which are more likely to be controversial like blocks to well established users.
- Analyze total block requests per admin over time
- Look at trends in protection requests and permissions