Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Vietnamese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikivoyage Vietnamese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||vi (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Vietnamese||Language name in English|
|Language name||Tiếng Việt||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikivoyage||"Wikivoyage" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikivoyage||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Thảo luận_Wikivoyage||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikivoyage-logo-en.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Hanoi||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
Vietnamese language is national language of Vietnam with a population of near 90 millions and about 3 millions abroad (most of them in USA). Its sister project, Vietnamese Wikipedia, has over 750k articles with over 300k users. I think this proposal is eligible.--Voyageditor (talk) 14:10, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support. I support to contribute/develop continously this project.--Cheers! (talk) 04:51, 28 March 2013 (UTC)--Cheers! (talk) 04:51, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support. I support and will be an active member of this project.--Genghiskhan (talk) 05:04, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support. I hope this project will soon be completed in a short time. I support and I will help to develop this project--TuanUt (talk) 05:16, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support. --TRMC (talk) 07:25, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support. This project is useful for everyone who wants to travel (like me :D). Earthshaker (talk) 17:53, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support I believe this project has a potential to grow and become useful.Trongphu (talk) 23:50, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- note: It is highly appreciated by editing at the project. Thanks.--Cheers! (talk) 03:11, 2 April 2013 (UTC)