Requests for new languages/Wikisource Oriya
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikisource Oriya|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||or (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Oriya||Language name in English|
|Language name||ଓଡ଼ିଆ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||User:Psubhashish (N), User:Odisha1 (N), User:Ansumang (N), User:MKar (N),User:Jnanaranjan_sahu (N)
User:Guguly18 (N), User:ଶିତିକଣ୍ଠ ଦାଶ (N), User:ସୁବାସ ଚନ୍ଦ୍ର ରାଉତ (N), User:Gorvachove (N)
|Project name||ଉଇକିପୋଥି||"Wikisource" in your language|
|Project namespace||ଉଇକିପୋଥି||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||ଉଇକିପୋଥି ଆଲୋଚନା||"Wikisource talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikisource-logo-or.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kolkata||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
We wish to begin work on the Oriya language Wikisource project. Currently there exists no Oriya Wikisource. w:or:User:Psubhashish
- Oriya (Odia) is the predominant language of Orissa (now officially known as Odisha), where Oriya speakers comprise around 83.33% of the population according to census surveys.
- Oriya is the official language in Orissa and Jharkhand
- Number of speakers: More than 45 million (globally) speak Oriya
- Locations spoken: Orissa, Vishakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Pondicherry, Bangalore, Chennai, Goa, Mumbai, Raipur, Jamshedpur, Baroda, Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Kolkata, Kharagpur, Guwahati.
- Oriya language has spread to the other parts of the globe such as Burma, Malaysia, Fiji, Indonesia, Java, Sumatra, the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and UAE.
- The Oriya Wikipedia has approx 3254+ articles in it
- Dialects: Standard Oriya, Kalahandia, Ganjami, Balesoria, Sambalpuri Oriya