Requests for new languages/Wikisource Meadow Mari
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikisource Meadow Mari|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mhr (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Meadow mari||Language name in English|
|Language name||Олык марий||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q3906614 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Викитеке||"Wikisource" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Викитекеын каҥашымаш (?)||"Wikisource talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikisource-logo.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Yoshkar-Ola (Йошкар-Ола)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Replace this text with your opening argument in favour of the new project. You can also refer to external documentation or websites.
- Do you mean the content on the meadow Mari in wikisource.org? --Санюн Вадик (talk) 12:28, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. I have marked this request as "eligible" now, the eligibility of Meadow Mari is clear because it has an ISO 639-3 code and Wikipedia in it was already opened. For approving Wikisource in Meadow Mari now, it would be necessary to know the content in Meadow Mari on www.wikisource.org. --MF-W 04:21, 9 May 2013 (UTC)
- www.wikisource.org is not the English Wikisource (which is at en.wikisource.org), it's multilingual. About activity, the template at the top of the page says "It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.". Personally I think by the way that dividing Wikisource into multiple subdomains is a bad idea, but well. --MF-W 16:55, 9 May 2013 (UTC)