Requests for new languages/Wikisource Assamese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikisource Assamese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||as (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Assamese||Language name in English|
|Language name||অসমীয়া||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||w:as:User:Chaipau (N), Jaminianurag (N), উদ্দীপতালুকদাৰ (N), w:as:User:Gitartha.bordoloi (N)Bishnu Saikia(N), Madhab Saikia (N), Prabhakar Sarma Neog(N),Dipankar Chetia(N), Animesh Borah(N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||ৱিকিউৎস||"Wikisource" in your language|
|Project namespace||ৱিকিউৎস||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||ৱিকিউৎস বাৰ্তা||"Wikisource talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikisource-logo-as.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kolkata||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
We wish to begin work on the Assamese language Wikisource project. Currently there exists no Assamese Wikisource. Chaipau 09:35, 7 October 2011 (UTC) (N) Jaminianurag 11:16, 7 October 2011 (UTC)(N) উদ্দীপতালুকদাৰ 19:28, 7 October 2011 (UTC) Gitartha.bordoloi 19:33, 28 December 2011 (UTC) Bishnu Saikia 16:34, 1 January 2012 (UTC) Madhab Saikia 22:47, 1 January 2012 (UTC)(N) Psneog 04:32, 2 January 2012 (UTC) Babulbaishya 05:02, 2 January 2012 (UTC) Bhagat Lal Dutta 12:31, 2 January 2012 (UTC) (N) Dipankar Chetia 17:38, 10 January 2012 (UTC) Animesh Borah 05:55, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
- Assamese language is spoken in Assam (India), West Bengal (India), Bangladesh and various places of the Assamese communities in various parts of world.
- Assamese is the official language in Assam
- Approximately 16,709,000 people in Assam speak Assamese,
- Dialects: Standard Assamese, Western Assamese (Kamrupi), Nagamese and Arunachali
- Assamese is often used in all the states various ways, like words borrowed from it or as a connecting language.
- Assamese alphabet maps one to one to the Devanagari alphabets
- The Assamese Wikipedia has approx 1000+ articles in it