Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Wayuu
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Wayuu|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||guc (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Wayuu||Language name in English|
|Language name||wayuunaiki||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q891085 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
Arguments in favour
- Spoken by over 300000 persons --Periergeia 00:51, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
- One of the official languages of Venezuela --Periergeia 00:51, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
- There are several projects in Venezuela to promote the use of American languages among schools and this would help.
- The Wayuu Taya Foundation wants to help
- Support, this project will be useful for Wayuu people (Colombia and Venezuela) and for Colombian and Venezuelan wikipedians. --Marrovi 05:34, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- Support --U.Steele 19:32, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
I need help. How do I get the list of messages we need to translate? I go to the Trans... site and it says code (the ISO code for Wayuu, I suppose) is invalid. Thanks --Periergeia 21:08, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
- Localisation of the most wanted messages of MediaWiki at translatewiki.net is one of the requirements in order to get a new language approved... Please ask for translator rights at translatewiki.net